Chapter 12

(Jessica's POV)

I buried my head in Kyle's shoulder and cried. I was so scared. I couldn't take much more of this.

"Shh Jess. Matt and the other guys are on their way." He whispered. Luke was somewhere out there, and he might be watching me. I hope Kyle's friends hurry.

I heard a bang then the door came down, like actually off the hinges. I looked up to see Luke standing there with a smirk. Oh no. Kyle's friends are too late. We're going to die...

Kyle jumped up and pushed me behind him. My body was frozen solid. I couldn't breath or move. What was I supposed to do?!

"Whoa! Did I interupt?" Luke asked. His voice sent chills down my spine. How could I have ever loved that voice?

"Leave now." Kyle growled a warning. C'mon, Matt. Luke folded his arms.

"I'm not leaving without Jessica. She know's too much so I have to.." He hesitated, trying to find the right word."Dispose of her." He finished. He's actually going to kill me...He took a step forward so Kyle pushed me back.

"You're not going anywhere near her." He warned Luke. Luke chuckled, clearly thinking that this is a big joke.

"Who's gonna stop me?" He asked with another chuckle.

"We are." I heard a familiar voice. Luke looked behind him to see all of Kyle's pack. They all had their arms folded and I noticed Matt standing at the front. They made it...but now what?

"Y-you can't stop me." Luke stuttered. Obviously he felt intimidated. Kyle backed up, secretly pushing me back as well. I saw all the boys circle a scared looking Luke then Kyle spun me around, just as I heard loads of growling and things smashing. Had they all turned into a wolf?

"It's not safe for you here." Kyle whispered in my ear. I nodded but didn't say a word or turn around."Keep your eyes closed." He told me. When he told me that, i had to do the opposite. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He hadn't see me look at him so he put his arm around my waist and pushed me through a door to another room. He closed the door and stood in front of me. I still couldn't speak, but I had to try.

"W-w-what..." I tried to ask but I couldn't. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me. I didn't mind, I was very shaky.

"It's okay. This is gonna be all over soon." He whispered in my ear. I took deep breaths and put my arms around his waist. I felt so safe. I felt him kiss the top of my head a few times then he pulled away from me.

He opened the door and poked his head out. What was going on? He pulled his head back in then closed the door.

"It's almost over Jess." He told me. What was almost over? The fight? Luke's life?

"Ok. Is anyone hurt?" I whispered. He nodded.

"Only Luke." He told me. I felt really dizzy. How could all of this be real?"Whoaaa!" Kyle shouted. He caught me as I was about to fall over.

"Kyle. I want to sleep but I can't." I told him. I didn't want to stay awake while there were wolves fighting in the other room. He raised an eyebrow.

"Sleeping pills?" He asked. I nodded. I had taken sleeping pills before and they worked really well. He went into a cabinet and took some pills. I do have some side affects. I don't think I should tell him about them though...

He gave them to me and a glass of water and I downed them. We sat on a couch for a while before my side affects kicked in.

(Kyle's POV)

She turned to me and smiled. It was like she was drunk. What was up with her?

"You're amazing, Kyle." She told me. I sighed. She obviously didn't mean that. It was just the pills talking. That kind of sucked.

"You just sleep, Jess." I told her, looking away. She shook her head tiredly, making me look at her again.

"How can I sleep when I know my gorgeous mate is right next to me?" She slurred. Okay, It was really like she was drunk. I wish she would just go to sleep.

"That's the pills talking, Jess." I tried to convince myself more than her.

"But Kyle, you're sooo hot." She told me. I rolled my eyes. Why didn't she warn me about side affects?

"Jessica, sleep. Now." Before I could get anymore words out, she grabbed my top and pulled me to her. She kissed me with force and I gasped before I pulled away. What?! I didn't want our first kiss to be like this! It's meant to be special! She smiled before her eyes drooped and she fell asleep.

What just happened?