One

Bonnie Bennett was stubborn, and full of a certain light. She was also a witch. Kol Mikaelson was an incredibly annoying, incredibly deadly vampire. Let me put their current relationship this way: Kol hated Bonnie, and Bonnie hated Kol.

Being as sadistic as he was, Kol repelled Bonnie's kind-hearted nature, and constantly wound her up to the point of being sent to his knees - the young witch seeking sweet revenge by giving Kol outrageously painful aneurysms (his vampire healing - unfortunately for Bonnie - prevented any real risk of retaining permanent damage. That isn't to say that it didn't hurt like a bitch, though) at every attempt from Kol to drive her up the wall.

Kol's childish mannerisms made Bonnie's blood boil, tendrils of frustration and resentment crawling under her skin whenever he so much as smirked at her. The two would bicker back and forth for hours - Bonnie prepared to stab him in the chest with a pencil just to make him shut up for once, and Kol willing to push her just that little bit over the edge. 

Usually, their sessions would end abruptly by Bonnie crushing the vampire's lungs or shattering his spine after Kol pinned her up against a wall to tease her about how sexy she was when her temper piqued. His teasing would only be scoffed at, and then a painful reminder that she was taking none of it would be thrust upon him in a wave of magically-enhanced pain. Their whole 'relationship' was based on those brief encounters. 

They most definitely weren't friends, more like ... frenemies. As Caroline often reminded Bonnie, they would 'squabble like an old married couple' – although wives didn't usually throw forks at their husbands hoping that one would plant itself deep within his chest and cause internal bleeding. Or so Caroline and Bonnie were told.

-----&-----

Author's Notes:

This is the part of the story where I'm supposed to to tell you where/when in the series this fanfic is set. Unfortunately, I am as bewildered as you are - in terms of when within the Vampire Diaries timeline this is taking place. This kind of doesn't have any real plot. It's just going to be one or two 'conversations' between Bonnie and Kol, showing the in-depth aspects of their relationship.

This is mainly just for the fans out there still hung up on Kennet, even though they started/ended mid-way through the third season. For anyone new to the TVD fandom: welcome, you have a world of doom to be shown, and a plot line that is much too thought out in advance. If you're anything like me, you'll ship Kennett and (when the time comes) you'll also ship Kai and Bonnie. But for now, this is all I've got for you.

Also, I started writing this about a year ago, and this is me kind of ... re-booting it, so enjoy!

- twelvensfield