TABBA- Chapter 3

Chapter 3

By the time I reached the cafeteria and got in line, I was starving. Airplane food is not really food in my opinion so the last time I ate was over 24 hours ago. I was so focused on grabbing my pizza and fries- the first real American food in 3 months- that I didn't notice the odd looks I was getting from some of the football players were giving me.

As more and more guys came into the cafeteria, it became harder and harder to notice. Why were they looking at me funny? I chose an empty table by one of the floor-to-ceiling windows. All the guys seemed to sit in groups, leaving me by myself.

Ohh...maybe its weird seeing a girl here before school starts. After all its only football camp at the moment. I thought to myself while I munched away on my fries. I buried myself in my novel while I ate.

"Hey good looking, what is your name?" I head a voice say from across the table.

I looked up to find a very good looking guy sitting on the other side of the round lunch table. He had short brown hair with hazel-brown eyes. 

I smiled graciously and said "Hunter. Hunter Freeman. You?"

"Cameron Stewart. Which teacher are you related to?"

What an odd question. What on earth did he mean? Which teacher was I related to?? 

"What do you mean?" I asked puzzled.

"Well we have two professors with the last name Freeman. Neither one looks like you though." Cameron said raising an eyebrow. 

“I’m not related to any of the teachers here. Today is my first day. I just got here a little early because my dad and I flew from Japan and we couldn’t wait.” I said.

Cameron had a frown slip onto his face. 

“What? Why the face?” I asked curiously.

“Umm..” he began before being interrupted by a big group of 4 guys sitting down next to him.

“Hey Cam, why is there a girl here?” one guy with long hair asked.

“Well Logan, according to her, she is going to school here.” Cameron said.

The guy named Logan who had been taking a swig of his Coke starting choking and sputtering all over Cameron and the other guys.

“Eww gross man! What the hell is wrong with you?” One of the guys said to Logan.

“Shut up you idiots! Did you not just hear what Cameron said? She said she is going to school here!”

“Thank you for not talking about me like I wasn’t here.” I yell over the boys talking among each other. They all turn to me. 

“Is he serious? Are you really going to school here?” Logan asked solemnly.

“Yes! Now why is that so strange??” I asked incredulously.

Cameron and Logan glanced between each other. 

“Because Oscars A.B Boarding Academy stands for Oscars All Boys Boarding Academy.   All boys. And you are a girl.” Cameron said slowly.

“WHAT?!” I yelled.

A/N: Sorry its so short! Its just over 2 pages in word so I don't get it. Oh well.

Pic is of Cameron. :)