Badass Countrygirl : Chapter 16

I'M SO SORRY! I haven't updated for month because I've been damn busy! I can't blame a writers block, I'm just lazy. But now I'm trying to get back in track and write like half an hour every day. Let's see how it work out. :)

Enjoy!

Jona. <3

-------------------------------------------------

So to remind you all what was going on - Will and Joey were at Joey's place and now they're back at Will's.

So here's what happened.

When we reached Will's place, the house seemed so quiet. We shouted everybody's name, but no answer. Then we heard Johnnie yelling and storming towards us.

"WILLIE!" he shouted with happiness. Will picked him up hugged tightly.

"I missed you, Willie," Johnnie said cutely. Will smiled and ruffled his hair.

"I missed you too buddy," he answered and put him down. Then Johnnie turned to me and I kneeled down to his level.

"Well Johnnie, how you've been?" I asked him.

"Lonely," he answered adorably. I awed and hugged him.

Then James opened loudly the bathroom door and shouted: "Finally, you're back!"

I rolled my eyes because of his silliness. He came over to hug me and then he turned Will, saying: "And you Will, I'm gonna kill you! Leaving me alone here!"

He seemed serious. Until he burst out laughing. Will tousled his hair.

"You're still the old silly you," he said.

"You're older than me, grandpa," James replied.

"Where's dad?" Will asked.

"I think in his office. He's always there, barely comes out, I mean, he's pretty messed up and he won't tell me why."  Will frowned at it.

"I guess seeing my dad will cheer him up," I said. Me, Will and dad head upstairs to his office. I've only been there once, when I got here and he showed me around the house. Will knocked on the door and we entered as soon as we heard a "come in" from inside the room.

"Oh, Will, Joanne, you're already back!" he smiled as he saw us.

"Yes, dad, and we brought someone with us. I guess you don't mind if he stays the night?" Will said as my dad also stepped in.

"Douglas! Great to see you again!" Carl greeted him with even a bigger smile. 

"Well it's already too late to drive back, so I hoped I could stay the night here."

"Of course, there's no question about that!"

We left them alone and decided to cook dinner, because no one hasn't had one yet. Since the dinner we decided to do could be done alone, I was just there mostly to entertain Will.

"So, what do you think what James meant about your dad being all messed up?" I questioned while eating peanuts.

"I have no idea, but I'll ask him for sure. But hey, don't you worry about it," he answered while slicing onions. 

"Like I would listen to you," I murmured to myself.

"Joanne?" 

"Yeah?" 

"You .. still remember about our ... date?" he asked. Him only saying it caused butterflies in my stomach. I laughed quietly. I didn't answer right away.