Chapter 11

2:50 AM: DISTRICT 7: SKILL-OUT TERRITORY

"GALEAZO, TAKE THOSE TWO AND LEAVE!"

Without hesitation, Galeazo placed his hand over the Index and Last Order and disappeared in a swirl. Touma tried to intercept the escape, but was struck in the gut by Abbondino's fist.

"INDEX! GAAAAAAH!"

Abbondino's fist glowed bright and Touma was sent flying and struck the wall behind him with ridiculous force. Misaka shot a large electric arc at Abbondino, but he remained in his place. When the electricity reached him, a bubble like shield formed around him. The electricity simply sent several waves throughout the bubble like stones being thrown into a pond. A sound similar to splashing water could be heard from the shield.

"!"

Abbondino shot a beam of light at Misaka. Mikoto raised her arms and shot up an electric shield to brace the impact, but before the beam could hit Touma had gotten up and negated the attack.

"You all right?" He asked.

"Uh... yea." She replied blushing.

Touma picked up the baseball bat again and charged at the magician.

Touma struck with full force at Abbondino, but again, only a wave formed around Abbondino. The baseball bat was stopped only inches away from his face. Touma gripped the bat harder, yet it refused to get any closer.

"!?"

Touma raised the bat once more and tried to strike again, but Abbondino caught the bat with his right hand and kicked him back.

"You two are probably wondering why you can't lay a finger on me," he said calmly, "It's a spell I invented myself. God's Light, it's protective shield that surrounds me and covers me from all outside forces."

"If it's just magic, then that means I can just destroy it with my right hand." Touma said.

Touma kicked the ground behind him, sending rocks and gravel flying behind him and charged head first at Abbondino.

"You fool, charging straight at the enemy. YOU LEAVE SO MANY OPENINGS!" Screamed Abbondino.

Abbondino threw his fists his sides. Blue flames burst from each hand and he quickly threw several empty punches into Touma's direction. Blue balls of fire shot at Touma from Abbondino's hands. Touma flicked his right hand forward negating the fireballs, but three more were still heading for Touma's midsection and legs. He didn't have enough time to block them. The balls were getting closer and closer, and right before Touma about to be hit he suddenly flew to the side. Misaka was to his left and was pulling him using her magnetism. She grabbed onto anything she could, as long as it was metal.

"Seriously, how're you going to attack me, if you can't even reach me, IMAGINE BREAKER!" Abbondino taunted.

He clasped his hands together and shot a single beam of fire at Touma and Misaka. They both dodged in opposite directions and ended up on different ends of the room.

Shit, now I got them separated.

Misaka looked at her opponent, then at her surroundings. Behind Touma was the metallic door they had kicked down.

"Touma, move to the side!" She shouted.

"Huh?" Suddenly a loud metallic clanking came from behind him.

He turned around to see a metal door flying at him. He jumped to the side brushing the door with his spiky hair.

"I TOLD YOU TO MOVE YOU IDIOT!"