Chapter 9

1:00 AM: District 7

In an abandoned building, stood a single person wearing white robes. He stood in the middle of a pentagram made of candles. In the corner of the room, laid an unconscious blue haired nun.

"With the five senses of man, and the five wounds of Christ, make this land holy and dispell all evils from entering these premises."

A wave of air movement flew from all sides of the pentagram like a sound wave. They expanded through the room and even went through the walls.

Outside the building, wandering Skill-Out members stop in their tracks and begin walking the other way. A circular space of about 1 km, anyone in that space is forced to leave by the spell.

The man in white stepped out of the pentagram of candles and threw five crosses onto each corner of the pentagram. Then took a seat at one of the heavily damaged pillars of the building.

20 minutes pass...

"I wonder what's taking him so long..."

A swirling vortex in the pentagram forms. Winds blow from the vortex as it gradually shifts into the image of a person. He wore black robes and had a silver cross hanging from his neck. His shoulder was also bleeding.

"AAAH, there he is. My, what takes you so long, old friend?"

"Ran into trouble..."

"Hey, I thought you were the one who said 'best we avoid contact with anybody'." He said smiling. "Hey, wait a second, where's your target."

"..."

"Don't tell me you actually lost her?"

"I was outnumbered, there was nothing I could have done. They took her while I was in battle, what else do you expect me to do." He shot back. "Anyways, at least we have one target."

"Yea, but the second will end up being a pain if we don't retrieve it. You stay here and take care of your injuries. I will retrieve the other target." He said with a hint of anger.

The magician wearing black nodded his head.

"See you." Said the man in white, and he disappeared in a bright flash of pure white light.

After the fight, Accelerator had laid on the ground face down. With his power being forcefully turned off by the time limit of his choke-collar like device, Accelerator had nearly died. He was saved at last minute by Misaka Imouto and Misaka Worst.

Worst walks up to Accelerator who was still laying face down on the wet concrete. She kneeled down to his level and forcefully pulled his head up by the hair.

"Wakey-wakey"

"Geeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh..." He grumbled lifting one eye.

"For a monster known as number 1, you're quite baby-like. Falling asleep in public." She teased.

"Shut up..." He grumbled as his eye closed again.

"Boring." She said with a disappointed look and she let go of his head, which hit the ground quite hard since he didn't have the energy to keep his head up.

"...Fuck you." He said still face down on the ground.

Misaka Worst went to Acclerator's side and stood him up. She slung his left arm over her right shoulder and dragged him over to the motorbike. As she was walking, Misaka Imouto had slid under Acclerator's right shoulder and aided him to the bike as well.

"The hell are you doing?" Accelerator asked turning to his right.

"Misaka is simply helping, says Misaka."