Chapter 17

Eventually, Touma had fallen asleep as well. Mikoto opened her eyes and noticed her entire upper body was leaning on Touma and she was still holding his arm. She blushed but noticed he was still asleep. She let go of his arm and sat back up in her chair. In front of her she noticed a flip switch. She clicked it to the side and a folding, plastic cover opened up revealing a small TV screen. She smiled as a childish thought took over her brain almost instantly. She plugged in a headphones to the arm rest and turned on the television. She flipped through the channels searching for a show about Gekota. She flew through hundreds of channels until finally she found what she was looking for. Her eyes grew bright when she saw her beloved frog character jump up and down on the television. Then the screen went dark and white letters began to fly through the screen. She yelled out loud realizing that she just missed the show.

Touma woke up to Mikoto's sudden shout.

"What are you doing, biribiri?

"*sigh, nothing. And stop calling me that name you idiot." she said with hidden tears.

"Whatever..." He began to doze off again.

Galeazzo walked out into the dining hall where he saw the pope and several other important looking people eating breakfast. He dragged his feet and stumbled a little due to his hangover. The men and women all smiled happily as they feasted on the large amounts of food. The pope sat at the very end of the table, he was talking to foreign relations officials, presidents and other religious figures. Some of the people gathered belonged to countries that were at the brink of war with each other. Galeazzo walked up to the pope's side and whispered into his ear.

"Who are these people and what is going on here?"

"Simple politics my boy. You see here, are some of the most powerful people in the world. They can easily influence the peoples of their countries to do as they say by twisting a couple of words here and there and feeding their media false information. They will be the key to our success, because there is nothing worse than having to fight against a global populace. Sure we could do it, but it would take so much more time, it's just inefficient. And most importantly, true power rules from the shadows..." Replied the pope nonchalantly. "Anyways have a seat, you ought to be starving."

Galeazzo took a seat at the table and took a spoonful of eggs and several sausages. He looked around at the very wealthy officials around him. Every single one of them knew about the pope's plan. This wasn't an operation to save the world, this was a plan of world domination...

Galeazzo slowly ate his meal and left the table.

"This is the pilot speaking. We are approaching Switzerland, we will be landing shortly. Please remain seated and fasten your seatbelts. Thank you for choosing Academy Air."

Touma snored quietly as the plane began to reach inland. The sun was shining through the window of the plane. Mikoto strapped in her seatbelt and looked over to the sleeping Touma. He sat lazily in his chair, unbuckled. She shook him, but he was in deep sleep. She touched his arm with her finger, lightly statically shocking him. He jolted up and turned to Mikoto.

"What was that for!?"

"You wouldn't wake up. C'mon, we're landing, fasten your seatbelt."

"..." Touma rubbed his head and buckled up.

The plane dipped downward and descended towards the ground.

Tsuchimikado and Styil sat in an airport cafe. They arrived earlier and were waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. Instead of his normal open green shirt attire, he sported a grey sweater and black jacket.