Chapter 14 (part 1)

Start from the beginning

I just dropped it. Whatever it is cant possibly be too bad.

We pulled up at the house and walked in the house to see Ty and Chris joking around as always.

"Rayah!", Royalty said grabbing my legs. I picked her up.

"Hey boo! You we're good while I was gone right?", I asked.

She nodded.

I gave her some candy that I stopped to get before making my way here. She clapped and jumped out of my arms to eat it.

"Chris! I'm back!", I said since he hasn't noticed.

Chyna picked up King and kissed all over his face.

"Mhmm...new color? I like.", Chris said kissing my cheek.

"Really? I wanted to try something new yanno? This cheetah is cool though.", I said admiring my nails.

"It is. You know we gotta go get ready right? Don't wanna be late.", he said wrapping his arms around me.

"Fine. I'm ready to hear some of your new music anyways.", I said walking to the door with my keys and purse.

"My clothes are at my house, so pick me up around 7:30. Ill be ready.", I said walking out of the door.

***

Chris and I walked into the building hand in hand. Bryson Tiller was playing through the speakers. Him and Chris are signed to the same label.

We made our way to the section where Chris's team, and friends were.

"Okay, Chris is the buildin'! My nigga been putting in work all year! Toast to that!", his friend Red announce. Everyone took a sip of their drinks and Chris guided me to sit by him.

We listened to a couple other artists songs and his songs started to play.

Baby you gotta be trippen
Put that booty away
Your what I've been sipping
Got a bottle on the way
I stay on my pimpin
Diamonds jumpin' out the face
Tell him get up out the way,
Nigga you can catch a fade

Chris immediately started dancing. I cheered him on and he reached out for my hand. I shyly stood up and and he swayed with me as he sung.

I ain't playing with you
Want you to know
Girl you got that Reddi wip
Reddi wip
Ah yeahh

I laughed and we sat down as more of his songs played.

"Why are you suck a freak?" I asked giggling. Half of the sings they've played we're freaky

"That's just the nigga I am. You don't like it?", he whispered in my ear.

"I never said that.", I side eyed him.

He pulled me closer and he nodded his head to the beats. His friends dabbed him up.

All of a sudden the music cut and the DJ announced a new entrance, like he had done every person entering the party.

"We have Karruchea Tran in the building! Make some noise! " he said and everyone clapped.

I had no problem with her being there. Her and Chris had history but that's done now so...I'm up next.

"Hey Chris.", she waved.

He got up and gave her a hug. If you ask me, the hug lingered a little too long. But I could be over exaggerating.

"Red told be there was a song about m-", she was cut off by Chris.

"Yeah, yeah. I completely forgot about that.", he said staring her down.

She blushed and looked behind him, at me.

"Oh, this is the infamous Za'Rayah? Hi! I'm Karruchea. You look beautiful.", she complimented.

She's so nice...

"Nice to meet you too.", I said. I was a little salting because Chris didn't introduce me first. I'll just let it go for now.

"Okay now up next! What you've all been waiting for. The back to sleep remix! With Usher and Zayne!", the DJ announced and we all clapped. Chris tense up beside me.

The song began.

When the song started the whole mood of the party changed. People looked at me left and right as if I was out of place, or as if they felt bad for me.

I shrugged it off and Chris's part began.

Now where you been?
Its been a year and baby I ain't seen you.
You know I miss you

I swayed my hips to the beat and smiled at a Chris who was sweating bullets.

I was confused but I kept dancing. The song went on about how he was sorry for cheating and some more things. A red light popped in my brain. I looked at Chris, then Karruchea. Then I thought about what she said before Chris cut her off. "Red said there was a song was about m-"

I just want you to love me...
Baby don't test me
You know I'll do it
You want me to say your name girl? Okay, Karruchea!
Just let me rock...

Sex you back to sleep girl...

A/N

I had to do it! Have yall heard the back to sleep remix? That's what song was playing at the party. He actually said her name in the song! Alright! Okay.

Comment

How should Za'Rayah feel?

Tell me what you think!

Vote

Love ya!