Chapter 7

Za'Rayah POV

I was interrupted from my sleep because someone poking at my face. I woke to see Roy trying to push a strawberry in my mouth. I smiled and sat up stretching. I remembered that I spent the night in the guest room at Chris's house. 

"Eat?", Royalty asked pushing a plate with pancakes, bacon, and strawberries toward me. 

"No, sweetie. I have to brush my teeth first."

"Eat!", she screeched throwing a strawberry at my head.

"Okay...", I said looking at her confused. I took the plate and began to eat.

Chris walked in smiling from ear to ear.

"Daddy I throwed it like you tol' me!", Roy giggled clapping her hands.

I looked at him with my eyes squinted and continued to eat.

"You are so rude. You told her to beat me with fruit?", I asked.

"See, what had happened was...", he trailed off.

"What happened?"

"Oh, I'm used to people cutting me off before I tell the lie."

I bursted out laughing.

"Anyways, eat up and get dressed. We're taking you out today.", he said grabbing Royalty.

"Alright homie. Bless up.", I said in my DJ Khaled voice.

"You, my friend, do not have the key to life.", he said before shutting the door.

I finished up eating and went to take a shower in the bathroom that was connected to this room. It was luxurious for a guest, but it was nowhere near the master bath level. After a forty-five minute shower, I walked over to my overnight bag. I checked my phone and I saw a message from Chris.

Chris never told me what to wear so I just threw on a blue crop top and some skinny jeans. for the shoes I put on a pair of Retro 7 Jordans that were white and blue. I pulled by hair into a neat style and grabbed my purse, heading to the living room. 

Chris heard me walk in so he looked up astonished. People always called me beautiful, yet I never really saw the same beauty as them. 

 "Alrighty. L-lets umm...um...get going.", he said walking out of the front door sitting his car keys on the table. He laughed and ran out of the door with Roy.

How in the hell are we gone leave if you don't even have your keys? I'm most def not driving my raggedy car.  I thought.

"You forgot you keys!", I yelled after him. He didn't respond so I walked outside so he could here me.

I was surprise to see a white Mercedes Benz in front of the house.

"Chris. You didn't.", I said wide-eyed.

"Oh, but I did.", he said in a proper voice.

"Rayah! You like?", Roy asked jumping up and down.

I dropped my head and covered my face.

Never has anyone, did something this big for me. I wasn't gonna cry because I was too thuggish, but I was very emotional and happy.

"You alright? You can tell me anything yano? ", Chris asked as he engulfed me in a hug.

"Yeah. I'm straight.", I said nodding and sniffing, "Thank you so much."

"Your welcome. Now here are your keys. Take the wheel."