Prologue

This is my first werewolf story and I would love to know what you think about it.

*****

Darkmoon Pack - Prologue

A walk in the forest, that's what I need. A stressful day at school so I'm thinking that a walk in the forest will relax me.

This is what I do all the time. Every day without fail, I take an hour walk in the forest behind my home after school.

This time something happened that I didn't even expect in these woods. At first I heard a low growl and thought it was just a dog and it's owner. Then it got louder, sounding like it was getting closer.

My head jerked in a direction where a twig snapped, causing my heart to start beating faster then normal.

It was a bit dark in the forest, considering it was winter. That's when I saw it. The red eyes coming from the bushes. My feet were frozen to the spot. I wanted to run but my feet didn't want to move.

I felt a hand go on my shoulder. Turning my head, I saw a man, probably in his early twenties. ''Run!'' He whispered but loud enough for it to be a shout. I looked at the eyes and a hand grabbed mine, pulling me off in a different direction.

We must of ran for ten minutes before we made it out the forest, my chest was hurting so bad and the guy who just saved me, didn't even look like he was the least bit tired.

''Thank. You.'' I barely got out between gasping for breath, the man looked down at me and he looked mad.

''Why didn't you run? You could've been killed if I didn't see you.'' He said rather loud, it wasn't as much as a shout but I could feel like he was wanting to scream at me.

I raised my finger, signaling for him to wait till I catch my breath back. It took about five minutes before I could just barely speak but enough for him to understand me.

''I was scared, my brain was screaming run but my feet were glued to the ground, knowing that if I still ran, I wouldn't of been able to outrun it but I was proved wrong.''

The guy just shook his head and crossed his arms. ''What were you doing in the forest anyway?''

        ''I go in all the time after school, it hasn't been like this. Why do you care anyway?'' I asked and raised an eyebrow at him and he looked like he calmed down.

''I was just wondering why you would walk in the forest by yourself when it's nearly dark.'' I was about to ask him again why he really cared but we got interrupted by another guy shouting from across the street.

''Jason!'' We turned our heads and Jason's stance changed from tensed to relaxed. ''What are you doing here and who is this foxy lady?''

I heard Jason sigh and clip the other guy on the back of his head. ''David behave!''

        ''What did I do bro? I'm just trying to make this sweet girl feel better.'' He replied, taking my hand and kissing it. It would be sweet but this guy looks about twelve years old. I'm seventeen. I don't like younger guys.

''Sorry kid, come back when you've hit puberty. I'm too old for you.'' I heard a chuckle come from Jason and the kids face drop and turn red.

''You've been owned little bro, I like this girl already! What's your name?'' Jason asked.

''My names Alex. Is he your little brother?'' Jason nodded and I looked a bit nervous, I've just said a mean thing to his little brother but he laughed so I guess it couldn't be too bad.

        ''Mines Jason and his name is David and he's twelve but thinks he's older. Go home!''

''No way dude, I'm hanging out with friends.'' David replied, his mood had lightened up.

''We've just moved to this area, how can you have friends already?'' David wrapped his arms around me and Jason, smiling.

''I have you two guys.'' Jason laughed and I pulled David's arm from around my shoulder, dropping it to his side.

''Sorry to disappoint but this, so called friend, has to go home. I was expected...'' I looked at my watch and my eyes widen. ''Half an hour ago!''

I looked up the street and I was only two blocks from mine. I went to start running but Jason grabbed my hand, slipping in a piece of paper. ''Nice meeting you.''

I ignored it and kept running, reaching my home in one piece. ''Where have you been young lady?''

        ''Sorry mom, I was out with friends. I met them in the forest and they wanted to talk.''

''What were they doing in the forest?'' She asked, walking in from the kitchen. I just shrugged and she shook her head. ''Anyway, dinner will be ready in a minute so go and get changed and wash your hands. You can start your homework after.''

Little did my mom know that I didn't have friends.. well one but she was over in England doing a project for the school. I miss her and I feel like I can't talk to anyone.

Walking into my room, I open the scrunched up piece of paper, that I've kept in my hand. It was Jason's phone number! Did I really want to text him? I'll leave it for now.

After dinner, I went to my room and started on my homework. My eyes kept glancing over to Jason's number on the corner of my desk. Picking it up, I entered it in my phone, saving the number and opening up messages.

Why did you give me your number? - Alex

I placed my phone down and carried on with my work, ten minutes later, I received a text back.

Incase you need more help when you run into the forest by yourself. - Jason

I could tell he would of been laughing at his own joke.

I can tell you're laughing at your own joke, stop! - Alex

I'm not, I swear besides, why would I laugh when you're probably smiling reading this. - Jason

He was right, I was smiling.

I'm not smiling. - Alex

Okay then, how about after this? Your eyes are as beautiful as a darkened forest. - Jason

I smiled to myself, I couldn't believe what this guy was saying, was he seriously trying to flirt with me?

My eyes aren't that beautiful, besides... why are you flirting with me? You barely know me. - Alex

That still doesn't stop people from flirting. What I said about you was true, your eyes are beautiful. - Jason.

I really couldn't get this stupid smile off my face. Then my phone vibrated again, looking down a the number I let out a squeal.

You better answer my text babe! - Hailey

What text? This is the only one that I've received. - Alex.

That's because I sent the other one to a teacher at school. Damn! - Hailey

Haha! I'm going to go to bed, speak in the morning. - Alex

I placed my phone down and got changed, falling on my bed, I drifted off into a deep bliss.

*****

What do think of the opening Prologue?

x Lauren x