Chapter Fifteen~* (Edt.)

Start from the beginning

"Whatever." I growl and turn to the door.

"Oh, and Jeff." I turn and look at her. "Don't come back for me. I'm happy here." 

"That's great. Let's see how happy you'll be when you kill one of them." I turn to leave.

"What do you mean?" She asks, sitting back up.

"I mean, you can't control yourself. You're going to end up killing someone."

"I won't. I'm stronger than that. I would never let that happen."

I stare at her incredulously. I want to tell her she's wrong but I know she's too stubborn to listen to me so I shrug and walk out. The door closes quietly behind me and I shake my head once out.

"That's what I told myself too." I whisper before walking to the nearest exit and leaving.

As soon as I'm out, I walk to the building I had killed the surgeon behind. He's still there, staring blankly at the night sky with only a white shirt and his boxers on. I take off his outfit and throw them on top of his body. Then, I slip back on my jacket and slacks, feeling happy to be back in my own clothes. 

I walk out from behind the building and walk to the nearest car. It's no real challenge for me to pop open the door and hot wire it. Soon, I'm speeding down the highway, looking for my next victims. The feeling awake and is demanding more blood to be dropped. My hands start twitching, causing my driving to be reckless and dangerous. I pull to a stop and get out of the car. This will have to do. I walk up to the door of the huge house. No lights are on, which leads me to think everyone is asleep.

I walk around to the back and pick lock one of the doors open. The door doesn't make a single sound as I slowly push it open. I stick my head in and look around. Nothing. Just a long table in the center of the room. I open the door wider and step inside, closing the door behind me. 

I walk around the table and head to the gaping rectangle where a door should be. I shake my head in wonder as I walk through the house. It's a miracle I never found this place before. It's so easy to enter and get through. My eyes go to the TV, which is blaring loudly but I don't recognize what's on. It seems like a romance movie. I stare at the TV. It shows a girl in the forest with a guy behind her.

"What am I? Say it. Out loud." the guy says in a commanding voice.

"A vampire."

"Oh, hell no." I whisper.

I gag to myself and walk to the long, fancy L-shaped couch where I can see a lumpy figure. I go to the person and crouch down so I can see their face. It's a man and he has a smile on his face and a phone in his hand.

I hear the TV behind me and my mouth drops open. This man doesn't even deserve to be called a man. He stirs and I jump into a hiding spot behind the couch. I look around and see a crack between the couches and I put my knife in, using it to make the crack wider until I can see him. The man sits up and looks around. Music blasts from the TV and his eyes are drawn to it. He smiles and I feel like throwing up. Then, just when I feel like stabbing myself because I'm being forced to listen to this, it cuts to commercial.

He sighs, gets up and turns off the TV before lying back down on the couch. His eyes close and soon a loud snore fills the room. I grunt softly and get out of my hiding spot. I walk to the TV and shut it off before walking to the man. I can barely see anything in the dark house and the silence is slightly unnerving. But, in a couple of seconds, none of that will matter. 

The man stirs again and sits up. His eyes scan the darkened room. "Doll, is that you?" No response. He shrugs and starts to lay back down. I rush forward and he jumps up. "Who the fuck is in my house?" he roars.