SIX: rainy school days

— natsu dragneel 
MAGE, DRAGON SLAYER —  17 YEARS OLD 

Since I have been friends with Luce, it was time to hang out with her a bit. The school bell rang as I was so excited to go to my house and my cat, Happy (you know, the cat who teaches us boring lessons about fish)? He's my partner. So, when I was walking home so happily It started raining. It was that much of a big deal for me, if I ever got wet. I already got used to the rain.

"Could it be Juvia?"I mused, till I saw a girl running to her home. She was wearing our uniform. I started to follow her, the curiosity building up on me.

"Happy! Let's go!"

"Aye Sir!"

We ran after her, before we finally passed her house. She closed the door and cried. Me and Happy were very...confused. Who is that girl, and why was she crying? I had to knock on the door. When I did, a familiar girl with blonde hair and pretty brown eyes sat on the corner of her couch, silent sobs coughing from her throat as if it was already hoarse from the teats. It was...Lucy? This is her house? 

"Luce? Why are you crying?"

Lucy just sat there, crying out her heart. "I-It's nothing."

She started to make a little sneeze, which got me startled. Hm, maybe she was sick.

"What are you doing here Natsu?"

"Well, I was just concerned about you."

A small blush crept on the side of our cheeks as we averted our gazes somewhere. Maybe it was this sudden burst of affection that I've been giving this woman that made me act this way. Yet, all I could really feel as of this moment was concern, and the questions swirled on my mind. Why on Earth was she crying? 

"I think you're sick. Get some rest, then I'll visit you after school tomorrow. Okay?" Finally, I moved from my position and skirted towards the door, taking glances from her figure every now and then. She rose from her seat as she nodded, and sauntered towards the kitchen to make herself some early dinner. "Thank you, Natsu." She said, her words sullen. 

A small nod was all it took for me to shut her door with a pang of anguish. Happy, who only stood outside, rose up to the height of my face and asked, "Well? Is she okay?" 

I nodded slightly, a thought still in place as I walked home with Happy's sudden talk on sashimi for dinner. Why should she be sick in a very special occasion tomorrow?