Chapter 20

Dean POV

The metal walkway creaked and groaned as I carefully shuffled my feet along it. I placed both hands on the rusty hand rails for a bit of comfort but all that did was make the walkway squeak even more.

Sam had left Rowan and Lily and was heading towards the large tanks at the back. I could see hammocks and blankets stung up between the tanks and, of course, rotting carcasses.

Turning to Sam, I signalled a warning before continuing with my pursuit. The vampires could have hostages so we needed to be quiet.

As I got closer I could see halve a dozen people tied to various legs of the tanks, a few undoubtably fresh vampires. I took another step forward. The metal under my feet screeched and shuddered, snapping beneath me. Instantly, my body fell through the gap, my hand sliding against the sharp metal railing. The tip of a nail snagged my palm, ripping the skin. Cursing, my one hand let go, leaving me desperately hanging my my finger tips.

I had obviously alerted the vampires as a booming roar exploded from behind the tanks, shaking the destroyed walkway. I tried to grab the railing with my other hand again but the nail had cut so deep it had rendered my hand useless. My sweaty palm slipped a little, jerking my body up and down, making it even harder to cling onto the railing.

Another roar pulsated out from the tanks accompanied by countless others, shaking the rickety walkway again. The railing squeaked and dropped, making my hand slip off and my body plummet. I held my breath and braced myself for the bone shattering impact.

I waited but my body didn't hit the concrete ground. Confused, It took me a moment to realise that I was in Lily's arms. She had caught me a second before impact.

"Wow." I stuttered. "Thanks."

"You're more trouble than you're worth Dean Winchester." She smiled, her blue eyes twinkling. "Now get up and kick some vampire butt"

She set me down on my feet and vanished. Swallowing my heart, I slid the machete from its sheath and ran like hell.

Rowan POV

A bolt of pain sliced through my head.
"No. Not here not now!" I hissed pressing a sweaty palm to my forehead. The pain faded away, but I knew that it wasn't gone.

Another roar erupted from the tanks again. The walkway shuddered, the railing dropping slightly. Suddenly deans remaining hand slipped and he fell.

Screwing my eyes shut, I imagined his lifeless body laying broken on the dusty ground. Immediately, the air around me changed. I opened my eyes to see a young man with long shaggy hair and a leather jacket standing over me.

"Hello." He growled. "The names Dorian. How very nice to meet you!"

His bright green eyes burrowed into my skull making me drop the machete. His presence hung thick around me, clogging up my airways. He laughed at my reaction, teasing me with his menacing eyes.

"I like a girl who quakes before me." Using his strength he pushed me up the wall, his head by my neck. "Are you scared little girl?" His breath was hot and moist as his wet tongue ran up and down my vein.

The pain shot through me again, making me curse. I could hear him chuckle slightly over the ringing in my ears. Slowly I felt my eyes roll back into my skull and my body lost control.

Suddenly, Dorian was blasted away from me, his back crunching against the machine opposite me. My body ran forward, snatching up the machete on the floor and ramming it up against Dorians throat.

"Go to hell, you disgusting son of a bitch" I snarled, slicing the machete across his throat in such a motion that his head span clean off.

My body ran in the same direction as Sam, as though it was being controlled by something else. My arms and legs felt stronger but the pain inside my head was agonising. I could taste the blood pouring out of my nose but my body wouldn't stop moving. I willed it to stop, praying for myself to gain control again.

My foot caught on something and I crashed against a huge machine. My brain clicked and I pushed myself up. Ignoring the cut on my knee, I doubled over to catch my breath. What ever invaded my body back there had done some serious damage. I wiped my nose with my sleeve. But it had fucked with my body and I wasn't okay with that.

A/N woah! It's starting to get pretty crazy! I just wanted to thank you guys for sticking around this long! I know my writing is sometimes awful so it means so much to me that you vote and comment. It really is the highlight of my day when I log on to write a chapter and see all of your support! You keep this story going.

Please continue to vote and comment. I love hearing what you guys have to say! Thanks a million.

-Leafy116