Chapter 8

Castiel POV

I restrained myself from telling them. If I did, they would never take her in. Besides, they might be good for her. The big man upstairs told me to keep watching and report anything out of the ordinary. I thought he would act... Differently, as Rowan attacked two people. But the big man's always right!
I glanced over to the couch to see Rowan slowly opening her eyes. She blinked a few times before flying off the couch and jumping into the kitchen. Quickly, she scanned the kitchen and grabbed a knife from the knife rack.
"Stay back!" She shouted, waving the knife at Sam and Dean. "I'm warning you! Stay the fuck back!"
"Woah! Calm down!" Sam said, raising his hands in surrender.
"Hey. Hey. Hey. Give me the knife." Dean said taking a step closer to Rowan, only to step back again when she waved the knife in his direction. "What the hell d'ya think your doing, Cas?! Talk to her!"
"Rowan, it's okay. There's no need to be afraid of these men." I said, walking up to her. "Do you remember what happened before you woke up?"
"No. Cas, why can't I remember?" She said, dropping the knife with a clatter. "why does my head hurt?"
I picked up the knife and put it back in its holder, before anyone got hurt, and said. "You hit your head because some girls from your care home threw stones at you. But I've taken you here. This Is Dean. And this is Sam. Rowan, Sam is your father."

Rowan POV

No. No. No. No. No. This Sam guy was not my dad. He looked like an absolute asshole. A complete nerd! My mum would have never ran away with this jerk. She had some sense.
"You can't be my dad!" I stammered, ignoring the pain in my head.
"Well, apparently I am. Cas, said so." Sam said. As much as it pained me, he was right. Castiel was never wrong.
"My last name is Winchester. My mother wanted me to have my fathers last name. She said he was brave and some day I'd find him. I was two when she died. Our car crashed." Suddenly, the pain grew worse and my legs gave way. Thankfully, Cas caught me but my head was on fire! I put my hand over my nose and looked at it. My fingers were smeared with blood.
"Okay," Sam said lifting me bridal style. "let's get you back on the couch."
He laid me down on the couch and dashed back into the kitchen to grab some tissues. I closed my eyes but I could hear Dean and Cas in the background.
"What the hell is happening, Cas?" Dean whispered.
"I don't know" Cas replied.
"Don't talk shit to me, Cas." Dean hissed. "Tell me!"
"I think she's half demon. Lately, she's been loosing control over herself and becoming demon like. She can't even control herself in her dreams. Dad said she's fine as long as she's with you, I just need to keep him updated."
Sam was by my side again, with a glass of water and a packet of tissues. He handed me a tissue and I dabbed my nose. I'm half demon?