Chapter 12

Sam POV

"Get off my daughter!" I yelled running towards them.

"Stay right there!" The woman snarled pushing the knife further up to Rowans throat.

I stopped dead and raised my hands. "Whoever you are, my name is Sam Winchester and that's my daughter Rowan Winchester. She's not a demon. We've come to Bobby for help." I said hoping that if she knew the hole story, she would get off my daughter!

"Why should I believe you?" She spat "I could smell this thing a mile away!"

I was panicked now! The woman was sat on Rowans stomach preventing her from moving. I was frozen to the spot, not just by orders but also by fear. Dean had disappeared into Bobby's house and had not yet emerged. Castiel still hadn't arrived despite my prayers. And Bobby was nowhere to be seen! All I could do was wait for a miracle to happen!

Dean POV

I sprinted inside and ran into the kitchen. Bobby was in the fridge undoubtably finding a beer. I strode up to him and grabbed his shoulder. He span around and pushed me, sending sprawling onto the floor.

"Bobby!" I growled. "It me, dean!"

"Are ya?"he said stepping over me and pointing a rifle in my face. "Then why'd you bring a demon with you? For all I know you could be a shape shifter or somthin'?"

I rolled my eyes for how cautious he was being. "She needs your help Bobby! She's not a demon. Well she is but, she can control it! Sometimes."

"Bullshit!"

"She's also Sam's daughter!" I spluttered. Maybe that would knock him out of it. But Bobby just shook his head. "I'm telling the truth, Bobby!"

"Oh yeah? Prove it!"he snarled pushing the rifle closer. "What's Your father called?"

"My dads called John Winchester. Now come on, Bobby, it's me!"

But bobby continued. "Where are ya from?"

"Obviously, Kansas!"

"How many times have we been to California together?"

My mind went blank. We'd never been to California together. "We haven't!"

"Correct answer!" He cheered laying the rifle on the floor and giving me a hand up. "Knew it was you! But I just had to check!"

I grabbed the rifle off the floor and ran to the door. "Hey! Where ya goin'?" I heard Bobby shout behind me. When I got to the door, Rowan was flat on her back with a woman pressing a knife to her throat and Sammy was standing with his hands in the air trying to reason with the creature.

"Son of a bitch!" I said as I pulled the trigger of the rifle. The recoil bounced on my shoulder as the bullet sprang out of the end and whizzed through the air. The woman jerked forward and toppled to the ground, motionless. I ran forward, the sound of the explosion echoing in my ears.

"You okay, Sammy?" I asked as I ran past.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" He replied running towards Rowan with me. "Where'd you get the gun?"

"Bobby" I said as I knelt down next to Rowan. "How you holding up?" I asked examining the slight cut on her throat.

"I'm good." She wheezed. "Thanks Dean."

"Don't mention it" I mumbled as Sam helped her to her feet.

"Fuck!" She cried holding her stomach. Sam lifted her shirt to reveal a nasty bruise from the collision.

"Uh. Lets get you cleaned up!" Sam said picking her up bridal style and bringing her into the house.

I walked over to the woman lying on the floor. "Who the hell are you?" I spat.

"I'm Lily." She panted. "I'm an angel."

I sighed. "Cas! Get down here!"
A flutter of wings sounded behind me. "Pick up you sister and take her inside."
I turned and walked back into the house, preparing myself for the long explanation I had to tell.

Rowan POV.

Sam laid me on the sofa and told me he was going to find a first aid kit. I winced a little as I shifted to get slightly more comfortable.

I didn't even see her coming. I just felt her collide with my middle and I landed on the floor. I put my hand to my neck and felt the little stream of blood coming from the cut she'd made. It didn't hurt though.

Then Sam came back with another man, who I presumed was Bobby. Sam stroked my hair and opened the first aid box. He took out some steriliser and opened the bottle.

"This is gonna hurt" he said sympathetically and turned my head to the side. Then he poured the liquid into my cut. Holy mother of satan, it hurt. I screwed my eyes shut and clenched my teeth. "It's okay. It's almost over." Sam said kissing my forehead.

After what felt like hours, the pain stopped and I opened my eyes to see Cas and the other girl standing in the room. The woman had blood dripping down her arm and was clutching her shoulder.

"There you go" Sam said sticking a pad to the side of my neck. Then he turned to Cas. "Hey, do you think you could heal something, Cas?" He asked although, it was more like and order.

"Uh, yeah" Cas said stepping forwards and kneling down next to me.

"I'm fine" I protested and Sam lifted my shirt again to reveal the horrible bruise.

"It's okay" Sam said softly. "Trust me"

So I trusted him and after Cas had finished, Bobby spoke up.
"So she's one of yours" he said nodding at me. "She's a real beauty!"

"Yeah, I know." Sam mumbled. "So why'd you attack my daughter?" He asked the woman, who had tied a bandage onto her bullet wound.

"I told you" she said. "She's a demon!"

"She was only being protective." Bobby said. "We didn't know who you were! Bringing a demon to my place isn't exactly Sam and dean! We had to check you were actually you!"

"Yeah"she said. "Listen, I'm sorry for hurting you. But I really wasn't sure who you were and I couldn't take any chances. My names Lily. I'm an angel" She smiled. "And I've worked with Castiel before so I'm kind of familiar with you Winchesters. You're a good bunch!"