Close your mouth your breath stinks

A "plonk" sound was heard throughout the so called "office." She had barely even set foot into the office when the message arrived. This little sound was enough to make her regret her decision of stepping onto the room in the first place. Deeming it wise not to anger the yeti so early in the morning she quickly made her way to her desk where the piece of paper laid. Who knew that such a paper of epic proportion could cause nightmares.... she did.

Picking up the demonic small piece of paper she read it as fast as she could before he could attack. On the paper were four simple words.

Come here

Rikkard Ambrose

He is as talkative as ever she thought. So early in the morning and she already had to confront the beast. Endless questions raced in her mind until one "plonk" stopped it.

It was another message

Now!

One glance at that one word was enough to cause Lily to jump in fear and run to the door as if the devil was out to get her. Then again he would be if she didn't hurry. So maybe he was after her.

Making it through the door to see what appeared to be a Mr Ambrose standing in front of what appears to be his desk hiding some type of box behind his back?

"Take this Mr.Linton."

Eyeing the box carefully she tried to calculate the different ways this box could impact her in any way, shape, or form. For all she knew there could be a gun in there an ifrit even. Or worse her aunt. With that thought in mind she had the suddenly urge to let go but a glance at the statue in front told her it was a death wish. She had no desire to leave this world...yet. That would only please Ambrose after all.

"What's this?" she asked after carefully analysing that there was no way (logical that is) for her aunt to be stuffed in there. No matter how tight she set her corset.

"I do believe its called a present Mr.Linton. I thought its appearance would make it more than obvious don't you think?"

From what she has seem she remembered that presents were nicely wrapped up with elegant wrapping papers of different colors. Some wrapped in ribbon to give it a more distinguished look as well or some with none. Then they were ones that came in a simple white box but this didn't fall in any of those categories.

"But many don't come in a used up file box though..."

Eyes narrowed as those blue eyes of his prepared to strike ice dragger at her. With a voice dropping to levels that shouldn't be humanly possible to accomplish he retorted back, "Mr.Linton"

"Yes sir"

"Open it before I consider giving it to Karim." as much as the "wrapping" didn't appeal to her she absolutely would not give up her present for it was hers not Karims. HERS!

Besides she was curious as to what Mr. Ambrose could have gotten her after all.

"Fine I'm going" she said as emotionlessly as she could which was ever difficult seeing as this excited her to no end. She didn't do a good job at it sadly as her hand flew for the cover ripping it open only to stop.

She stayed there starring down at its contains trying to decipher what it truly meant. While stared down at it Mr. Ambrose's eyes were trained on her looking for any sign that expressed if she liked it or not. Being the impatient man he was he snapped.

"Well say something! And close your mouth you have bad breath."

Jumping at the sound of his voice she looked at him then at the gift and back again. Finally finding her own voice she asked "What are heart shaped pastries and the rose for?"

"For Valentine's Day of course! Mr. Linton I do believe the theme are hearts and such" instead of clarifying anything it just farer confused her.

"But Valentine's was two weeks ago why are you barely giving it to me now." she asked with an eyebrow raised. Normally people give their Valentine's gift on Valentine's day. Besides Mr. Ambrose usually is very punctual.

" It makes more sense to buy them when they are 50% off."

Now that sounded like something he would do which he actually did do.

"But it makes more sense to buy them on that specific day."

"Will then would you like me to hold on to the gift and give it to you when the day would arrive next year?"

Holding the box tighter to her chest she shock her head viciously.

"Good you are dismissed now Mr. Linton."

With a glare reappearing on his face he swiftly turned around towards with desk. When her leaving footsteps were heard something clicked in his brain. He had almost forgotten to tell her something. Something very important. Wasting no time at all he turned around and called out to her the moment her hand gripped the knob.

"Mr.Linton"

Turning around she confronted Mr.Ambrose. "Yes, sir"

"Where are you going with that?"

"I'm taking it with me. When you give someone a gift it no longer is yours but the other person's. I do believe that's how "giving gifts" works Sir."

"I gave you a gift yes, but the file box wasn't part of it. I still need it you know."

"I will give it back to you no worries." she stated with a half glare part of it coming from how frustrating he could be and other part was anger against herself for not seeing that coming. With that she took her leave.

As the door slammed shut Mr. Ambrose stayed standing next to his desk. His eyes locked on to the door in which she disappeared from. Just staring as he question why he even bother buying her that. Finally becoming aware of how he was still standing there he turned around and sat down on his chair. With a sigh and a hand through his hair he picked up his pen to get back to work. Before he had a chance to finish the word he was writing down a "plonk"sound stopped him. Taking a glance to his right he saw the little message that just arrived. Thinking it was Mr. Stone getting back to him on that little errand he ordered he quickly picked it up only to have his eyes widen.

His breathing stopped for a moment as he reread the message again. Not yet believing the words that were written on it.

Thank you

Yours truly,

Miss Linton

After rereading it and seeing as the words won't change the meaning of those words finally seeped though to him. One side of his lip started to twitch until finally twisting up to form a small smile. The smile becoming more noticeable as he replayed those words in his head. Maybe it was worth going through the trouble of buying her something after all he thought.

"My little Ifrit"

~~~~~~~~
Go Ambrose!!!!