Chapter 1- Introduction

I am Aurora Drabek, but my friends call me Aura. I am 22 years old and currently employed as a maid at the Phantomhive Manor. I work with my dear friends Baldroy, Mey-Rin, and Finnian or Finny for short.

 Baldroy was hired to be the Manors head chef- however his methods are... how do I put this? Unconventional? He tends to constantly attempt to cook with the assistance of a flame thrower and I honestly don't think that man has ever been to a culinary academy of any sort. Luckily, Sebastian the estate butler steps in and does the majority of the meal preparations. He is amazing, but I'll save that conversation for later.

 Then there's Finny- an absolute sweetheart with a heart of gold. He really is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. And he's super strong! Ok... maybe too strong for his own good sometimes. He's the gardener, but can sometimes be a little too rough with the plants and shrubs. Usually Sebastian steps in to help in that aspect of the manors upkeep as well, as I said... he's amazing! I really don't think there is anything Sebastian can't do! 

Oh, and then there is the other estate maid- Mey-Rin. She is super sweet but quite a handful. Honestly, she causes me more harm than help and I spend most of my days following her around attempting to prevent disasters. She really has a knack for causing calamities! I sometimes think it'd be better if I was the only maid, but she does make for good company and I suppose I would be quite lonely without her.

Mey-Rin keeps dancing around the fact that she has a huge crush on Sebastian- something I try to desperately ignore because it is definitely NOT something I want to hear! Truth be told I have loved Sebastian since the first day I laid eyes on him. I know that must sound odd... maybe even down right creepy, but they do say "love at first sight" so perhaps that is what I am experiencing. Trust me, if you saw him you would probably feel the same way. I don't know of any girl that can avoid falling for his charms. He is tall, handsome, strong, and has the most beautiful deep red eyes that I have ever seen. I'm not too sure of his age or really anything about him though because he tends to keep his life and matters private. I really only get to see him when he isn't helping the young master in his various endeavors for the Queen.

The young master is the Earl Ciel Phantomhive. He is a wonderful employer and I much enjoy working for him. Though I must say, he makes me quite sad at times. You see, he has a bit of a tragic history as his parents died in a fire at this very manor. The entire estate went up in flames and a replica had to be built from the ground up before he could return. He is so very young, and yet he works diligently for the queen and runs his manor like he has been doing it for an eternity. You would never guess that he was not even a teenager yet. A mere boy of 12 years old in my opinion should not have to bear the weight of such responsibilities, but he seems to manage with ease. And lots of help from Sebastian. I don't know what the young master would do with out the assistance of his butler.

My days start as the sun is rising- however today the sun looks much brighter than usual....

"AUROOOORA!" I jump at the sound of someone screaming my name and turn to see Mey-Rin running into my room. "Aura, you're late- yes you are! The master is waiting for his study to be dusted so that he can work without his allergies affecting him. You'd better hurry, he's almost finished his breakfast and will need the study soon!" she exclaimed. "Late?!, I'm so sorry- I must have been day dreaming up here" I say as I rush to collect myself and get to work.