Chapter 12- Schemes in the Night

Sebastian's POV:

Tonight has been hell. Absolute hell. All I want is to get this night over with and see my lovely Aura. I had to watch her dance with Claude tonight, but given the circumstances, I certainly couldn't be upset about it. I know watching me couldn't have been easy for her either. None the less, I tried to push the images of the ball out of my mind, all except for my short time dancing with Aura. Seeing her beauty in that dress, it was the highlight of the evening. Soon we arrived at the Phantomhive Estate and I stopped the carriage and helped our guest out. Finnian went to put the horse in its stable as I escorted everyone else into the Manor.

Madam Red had mentioned staying here tonight and so I told Mey-Rin to escort her to a room and bring her some night clothes. I then took the young Lord and prepared him for bed. Once I finished with that, I went to Aurora's room but she was not there. I thought perhaps she had the same idea and so I made my way to my room to see if she was there. 

Aurora's POV:

After getting ready for bed, I changed into one of my more informal dresses so that I could go to Sebastian's room and spend some time with him. I was sitting on the edge of his bed waiting when I thought I heard him. I heard a hand on the door knob, but before it began to turn I heard a very familiar second voice... it was Madam Red. I froze... unsure of what to do. I didn't have many options, so I ran to Sebastian's closet and got inside. I was too afraid that the act of fully shutting the door would be too loud, so I simply cracked the closet door and hoped they would not see me. 

Sebastian's POV:

As I approached the door to my room I could have swore I was smelling Aura's sweet perfume. I longed to enter my room and end the day in her arms. Soon those thoughts were dashed though. Madam Red was approaching me in her night robe and I knew this would not be pleasant. She practically pushed me into my room, her lips on mine before I could even react.

Aurora's POV:

Madam Red and Sebastian came crashing into his room. And.... she was kissing him. I can't believe what I'm seeing. I feel the warm tears streaming down my face as I silently cry in the closet.

Sebastian's POV:

I push Madam Red off of me and demand an explanation of her actions but she simply laughs at me. "Oh, save the act- Demon!" she says as I freeze, glaring at her. "Oh yes, I know exactly what you are- Sebastian Michaelis. You are a demon. It took me awhile to figure it out, I'll admit. But tonight seeing how you are so similar to the Trancy butler Claude, it finally hit me. You are what he is....and he is a demon" she snarled. "Which means," she continued "you are in a Faustian contract with my little nephew Ciel."

I stood motionless, staring at her, feeling the rage build in me. "Now, this is what will happen next" she said "you will make love to me." 

"I will do no such thing!" I snarled at her as I slammed her against the wall.

"Ooooohh, foreplay, huh? Well, I like it rough" she replied with a wink. I thought of killing her but then she said "I know you have a thing for that pathetic little maid, and I can make sure she is no longer of anyone's concern if you fight me on this. If I needed to I could simply make Ciel get rid of her."

"You leave her out of this" I growled. My eyes were shining so red they began to hurt. All my thoughts were on Aura. 

"I have no need to do anything to her, if of course, you can be a good boy and give me what I want. You can keep your little toy, I won't hurt her.... so long as you play with me as well."

"I won't do it" I retort. "Oh, yes you will. You give me what I want right now, or Ciel will command that you give it to me... so what's it going to be, Demon?"

Aurora's POV:

I couldn't take anymore of this, I couldn't hear one more twisted word fly out of that disgusting woman's mouth. I sprang from the closet and punched her right in the face before running out of the room with tears rolling down my face. Sebastian followed me and caught up to me in the hallway. "Aura!" I heard him yell as he pinned me to the wall without hurting me. "Are you okay? I didn't know you were there, I swear I didn't know what she had planned, I-"

"I know, Sebastian" I interrupted him and placed a kiss on his lips. "I heard it all, I know you didn't do anything! I love you!" I blurted out as he let go of me and took a step back. I thought he would simply walk away, but he bowed and said "Aurora Drabek, I love you too." I hugged him tightly for a few minutes before the emotion of the moment was interrupted by Lord Phantomhive's yelling of my name. 

Ciel's POV:

"Aurora Drabek! You are fired! How dare you strike my dear Aunt, you are being transferred to the Trancy Manor immediately! Pack your bags and get out of my sight! I have already informed Alois Trancy and his butler is set to pick you up in one hours time. Be thankful I found you another manor to work in, I should just let you end up homeless!" 

"But sir! I-" 

"Shut up, Aurora. Not one word. Go and pack your things" Ciel snapped.

"Young Lord, please don't do this" Sebastian pleaded.

"Sebastian, do not interfere- THAT IS AN ORDER" Ciel retorted as he removed his eye patch and flashed his pentagram at Sebastian.

"Yes, young Lord" Sebastian replied. 

Aurora's POV:

Sebastian was not allowed to see me as I packed. Tears kept rolling down my cheeks as I made my way downstairs toward the front doors and out to where the carriage would be arriving. 

Madam Red made sure to escort me out and said with a smile "All the best, deary. I'm sure you'll be quite comfortable in your new arrangement. I'll certainly be comfortable here with dear ol' Sebastian, don't you agree?"

I nearly hit her again, but Ciel Phantomhive stopped me with just one look. I turned and looked at Sebastian. His eyes looked nearly black. The red was fading and I thought he looked like he might die. I began thinking "We'll be okay, we'll get through this, we'll figure it out"- I hoped he could sense my thoughts. His mind appeared to be racing. 

As Claude arrived and escorted me into the carriage, I just hoped Sebastian wouldn't do anything foolish.

Much later that night, after hours more tears had made their way down my face I began to fall asleep in my new bedroom. I felt completely empty here. Though honestly, I felt completely empty anywhere without Sebastian. 

Claude's POV:

I helped Aurora unpack and then made my way to the study where I was expecting a phone call. As expected it rang right on time. I picked up the telephone and said "Trancy estate", the voice on the other end of the line was Madam Red. "We had an agreement" she said, continuing "you wanted the girl and now you have her. I honestly thought Sebastian would simply send her to safety after encountering me, but I guess her overhearing me and overreacting works just as well- now stop blackmailing me Demon! I need to know that you'll now leave me and my family alone!"

"But of course, Madam Red, I have all I wanted now. You've done very well. Thank you" and with that I hung up. 

I sat back into a tall chair in the dark room and thought quietly to myself.... "Oh you clever, clever Claude. You've got the girl, you've done it! She is now living here... it won't take long to get her over Sebastian and once she is, I'll trick her into falling in love with me. Once her guard is all the way down, I'll devour her soul. She'll be so delicious, and of course the devastation on Sebastian's face will be equally appetizing."

Sebastian's POV:

I sat fuming in my bedroom. Door locked as to keep out that crazy bitch. Contemplating murdering her. Contemplating murdering even Ciel Phantomhive. What to do? And now my love is with Claude Faustus.... this smells of something foul... but what? What am I missing here? One thing is for sure. "Aurora, I will get you back - even if I have to go to hell and back to do it" I growl quietly to myself.

Nothing will keep me from her. Nothing.