Chapter 2- Running late

I grabbed my cleaning supplies and ran down the hall to the young master's study and burst through the door in time to see that no one was there yet. "Whew! I made it!" I thought to myself and quickly began to dust around the desk and chair where I knew the Earl would be spending the majority of his day working on his paperwork. I was nearly done when I felt hot breath on the back of my neck causing me to nearly jump out of my skin. "Aurora" Sebastian whispered sweetly in my ear and I thought I might actually faint. I turned quickly to see him standing with his face right in front of mine, his deep red eyes piercing my blue ones as I stutter out "wh- what is it Sebastian?"

"Aurora, do you feel that your schedule is not to your liking?" he asked, giving me a look that told me he knew I'd been running late today. "No... no sir, I'm sorry I just got caught up in a thought and lost track of time today" I said, hoping he'd not bother to ask what thoughts had been causing me such distraction. To my dismay he replied "Oh, and what thought might that be?". "Nothing really, just day dreaming and such. Nothing to be concerned of Sebastian" I said. 

"Well, if you insist in secrecy then I will ask of it no more- however I will warn you- if you have the audacity of arriving to clean the young master's study at your own leisure again, I will more than find out what is so thoroughly  preoccupying your mind." he said with a glare as his voice became scarily calm and icy. I looked into his nearly glowing eyes and managed to choke out "Yes sir, Sebastian, it won't happen again." He looked me up and down, seemingly pleased in my submission to him and simply walked to the door ushering me out of the study and informing me to hurry along and start on the dishes and kitchen prep needed for lunch.

I hurried along the long corridor, down the stairs, and into the kitchen in time to see Baldroy preparing to "heat up" some food with his flame thrower. Not wanting anymore trouble from Sebastian today I ran over and yelled "Bard put that thing down right now! That will not be the method used to create the master's dishes today!". He seemed somewhat shocked at my outburst, but simply shrugged his shoulders and sulked away, no doubt looking for another terribly dangerous way of preparing today's meal. "I really need to keep an eye on this guy" I thought to myself as I attended to the dishes. 

After my work in the kitchen was complete, I went outside to help Finny with his gardening. I stopped briefly to pet the cat that seemed to love sleeping on the manors back lawn. As I was watching the cat purr and roll over onto his back, I noticed that there was a shadow falling over me. I glanced back to see a very annoyed looking Sebastian staring at me whilst shaking his head. "Aurora, honestly - do you have any intention of attending to your duties here today?". I began to explain my actions but he cut me off before I could really reply saying "if excuses were actions my dear, you'd be done for the day. Now, please get back to work before a punishment becomes necessary." He smiled slyly as he turned and walked back inside. 

"A punishment?" I thought, "what kind of thing does he have in mind?". I pushed this thought out of my head and continued on to help Finny with the garden.

Sebastians POV:

"What am I going to do with this girl? She runs late in her errands and then stops to pet MY cat?" I thought to myself. "Unbelievable. The help at this estate leaves much to be desired, that is for sure". Never the less, I must now return to help the young master with his daily affairs.

Aurora's POV:

I helped Finny the best that I could, then went to see if Mey-Rin was doing ok. "Probably not" I thought to myself as I re-entered the manor searching for her. "Mey-Rin where are you?" I asked into the washroom where I was sure she was preparing the linens for tonight's dinner table setting. "Do you need any help?" I asked as I see her turn around with a panicked look on her face. "Oh Aura! I've done a bad thing, yes I have!" she exclaimed as she began to show me one of the master's finest table cloths which was now adorned with a lot of rips, tears and holes in it. "How did this happen?!" I exclaimed as she began to look at the ground shuffling her feet nervously. "Well, I was trying to help" she said, "I wanted to make the master a nice lace doily designed table cloth so I picked up some scissors but as I began to use them I remembered that I don't know what I'm doing! and before I knew it, the sheets looked like this!" she said as she looked down. "Oh my" I said as I took the table cloth, or rather what remained of it, out of her hands and held it up to examine the damage. Just then, I hear a low growl of a voice behind me that I just know belongs to Sebastian. "What is the meaning of this?" he growls. "Do you feel the need to perpetually cause damage with your careless ways? You two are the worst maids I've ever encountered, it would be better if I simply didn't have to deal with either of you!" he said harshly. I went to explain, but again he wouldn't have a bit of it. "Shut up both of you! Get out of my sight! Since you don't seem to feel like working anyway you may as well take the day off as you are both quite pointless to me at this time!" he shouted. I looked at Mey-Rin and then down to the floor as we both walked out of the room and went up to our rooms. "I'm so sorry Aura, that wasn't your fault at all!" cried Mey-Rin. "Don't worry about it, Sebastian has a lot on his plate today, I'm sure he didn't mean what he said to us" I told her with a slight smile as I retired to my bedroom. "I hope he didn't mean what he said anyway" I thought sadly as I took a seat by my window and looked out it feeling like I could break down crying at any moment.

I really messed up bad today. I hope later tonight I can find time to talk to Sebastian about all of this. I usually never try to approach him after he has put the young master to bed, but tonight I feel I must.