Chapter 16

Chapter 16

34 hours to go

34 hours to go

It just happened to be that they didn't even know what Purple Flusters were in Colorado. Eve was currently trying to argue with the shopkeeper.

"I'm telling you! I know-"I grabbed her elbow and pulled her away.

"We're going to be late! We need to be at New on time!" I hissed. I looked at the clock that was fixed to one side of the store. It read 8: 25 in the morning.

She scowled at me and rubbed her elbow.

"Just a bit longer-"

"No! We're leaving now! I don't want to have gone half way around the country and get there late!"

Eve nodded and huffed.

"Fine!" After throwing a dirty look at the shop owner, she stalked off after me. I got into the driving seat and Eve threw herself down on the passenger seat.

"Have we got enough time?" she asked while putting her hair in a messy bun.

"I don't know," I shrugged my shoulders.

I pulled back onto the road and was glad that he morning rush wasn't that bad. I kept under the speed limit but Eve kept pestering me.

"Tess! You're like a turtle. You're like a snail! No, wait, you're like my great grandma Penny! Even she can drive faster than you!"

"Yeah, and that's why she got a speed limit last month. I'm not the weird one! Have you ever heard of a 95 year old lady getting a speed ticket?"

Eve laughed and for the first time in a very long time, I felt at ease. Soon, we were out of the city and were zooming past plain countryside.

"Just accelerate a bit more," Eve elbowed me.

"I'm NOT going to go over the speed limit!" I shouted above the wind.
" Oh, Tess! Live a little. You might never get another chance to feel the pleasure of being free and wild while on a road trip heading to New York."

I smiled slightly. "Fine!"

Eve grinned as I put my foot down on the pedal. I laughed as the car got faster and faster. Eve screamed loudly and it echoed in my ears. Soon afterwards, it was hard to figure out which was which: our wild screams or the wind rushing past our ears.

***************

32 hours to go

"Life is short, so you have to live it."

That was the first thing my high school PE teacher told us on our first day. He went on to explain how life was amazing and was filled with many wondrous opportunities He said that because life was amazing, we were going to love high school PE.

Then he barked at us to run 10 laps around the field.

PE wasn't amazing or wondrous, but was filled with sweaty games and violent students. But it's the thought that counts, right? In my defense, Mr. Loewi always picked on the weaker kids.

Every time someone would slump to the ground, too tired to move another muscle, Mr. Loewi would bark out. "Life is short, so you have to live it!" Mr. Loewi would try to get the kid to move, who would be sprawled across the ground, probably wishing he was anyway than in a gym with the strictest PE teacher at school.

Mr. Loewi's motto stuck with him and it got permanently inserted into our brains.

"Life is short, so you have to live it!" Eve and I said in a terrible impersonation of Mr. Loewi.

After Eve's laughter and my seal laugh had died down, I wondered aloud. "I wonder what happened to him.........."

"I heard that he moved to Texas to be near his grandchildren," Eve responded with a trace of a smile.

After a short silence, I just shook my head. "Nope, I just cannot imagine him in Texas!"

"Poor corn! He's probably going to make them run laps, or something!"

"Or maybe make his grandchildren do 50 push ups each day," I joined.

The sky was still dark and as it was getting a bit chilly, we decided to pull up and put on the top of the convertible.

I jumped off the car, pumping my arms to keep warm. Eve and I got the top up and quickly did our best to fasten it. We quickly climbed back into the car and Eve cranked the heater as far as it would go.

"I'm so cold now," Eve said and raked the back seat for a jumper. Through the dark, she threw me a sweater while she pulled one on herself.

"Thanks!" I said gladly and put it on.

It was dark outside and we couldn't see a thing away from our headlight vision. I pulled back into the road and soon again, we were speeding down a dark countryside.

******************

Hello there!

So, Multimedia is finally available in wattpad and I'm SO excited! 

I'll be posting new chapters every Saturday/ Sunday and weekday updates are going to be so rare, because school has started.

Thank you so to @raekeshlyrakiera for making this amazing cover!! 

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!!!!! <3

Enjoy!!