"This is my sister that we're talking about, Clara!" he defended. "When you find your sister unconscious, you call 911."

   "Fine," I breathed, understanding the boy. Elena was his sister, and he must have been frightened when he saw her unconscious. It was only obvious that he would take her to the hospital. "I'll be there soon. Give me ten minutes." I ended the call and took a deep breath, then sped to the hospital.

   The hospital, like always, was busy. Doctors and nurses were running to a fro rooms, people were waiting in hopes of good news, and then there was the occasional weep that would escape the mouth from those in the waiting room. I could hear it all, smell it all, see and hear every emotion that passed through the people around me. There was a woman in the waiting room, her hand covering her nose with white handkerchief seen between her fingers. A very pregnant woman was wheeled into the hospital, her hands over her stomach as she took deep breaths with her eyes shut closed. She wasn't in tears, in fact she had a small smile around her lips. 

   "Clara!" The familiar voice of the younger Gilbert brought me out of my daydream. He stood with Dr. Fell, both sporting worried looks. I hurried to the pair, quickly glancing around. 

   Dr. Fell pulled us into the corner, where she also glanced around before looking at us. "Elena's going to be fine," she quietly said. "She got a little banged up today, hit her day, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about."

   "But, Jeremy said that she collapsed, and there was blood," I told her, quickly glancing at the boy next to me.

   "Honestly, she's fine," Dr. Fell waved it off, giving us a smile. "She's just... She's been through a lot."

   I nodded and took a deep breath. "Okay, fine. You're the doctor." I looked at Jeremy and crossed my arms. "Call Damon, tell him what happened because he and Stefan need to know." As soon as he left, I turned to Dr. Fell. "Is she okay to go home?"

   "She should stay overnight for observation," Dr. Fell implied, crossing her arms, "but she's in danger, so it will be a good idea to take her home."

   Jeremy came back then, saying that Damon wasn't the only person he called. He also called Caroline, who was with Tyler, and Matt. Something about wanting his sister to be with people she was most comfortable with. I understood, since Elena and I weren't the best of friends. She would feel more comfortable with the people she grew up with.

   When Caroline arrived with Tyler and Matt, the five of us sneaked Elena out of the hospital and to Matt's truck. She was asleep, waking up only when Matt would drive over a bump on the road. Other than that, her eyes were closed and it seemed like she had no idea what was happening. It was when we arrived at her house that she fully woke up. I had her arm wrapped around my shoulders as I slowly walked in to her house. She kept mumbling something about being fine, something about being able to do something alone. I didn't believe her.

   "Couch," I told her as I walked in behind Matt, Tyler, and Caroline.

   "I'm fine," Elena breathed. "I just... I want something something to eat first."

   "We're on it," Tyler said, glancing up the stairs, "as soon as we make sure no one is lurking in the closets." He and Matt walked upstairs.

   "All right," Caroline said, looking at Elena and me. "Couch, now!" She pointed at the living room, the worried look still etched on her face. 

   "Ugh, I told you," Elena groaned, "I'm fine." 

   I let out a small huff and gently laid the human girl on the couch. "Dr. Fell said you should rest," I said, grabbing a blanket off a chair and handing it to her. "So, guess what? You're resting." Caroline walked over and took the blanket from Elena, covering her with a small smile. I chuckled and laid my hands on my waist. "Now, what can I get you?"