Chapter 9

Today Jamie wants to hang out for the day. It feels like i haven't seen him in ages. I feel like he is going to ask about Calum and I don't really want to talk about him about it. Im sure he means well but i dont really want to hear him criticizing the whole situation.

He texted me when i would up and we decided to hang out at his house instead of mine this time since we had our movie night here last time. I get dressed and run into the kitchen to eat something before i leave. As I walk I see my mom standing in the fridge. I try and sneak away but she turns before i get to the door.

"Elizabeth you're up, where are you going?" she asks, making it impossible for me to leave.

"Just going to hang out with Jamie for the day." i say grabbing an apple from the counter

"I've been meaning to ask you, how did you day with Calum go? You guys dating now?"

"No mom we just hung out for one day." i say with a sigh

"Oh so that's why he was in my house at 3am.." crap.

"Mom really! We just talked about stuff."

"I'm just saying, do we need to have a talk or something? i know all the kids are into that these days but sex is-"

MOM WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW! I WILL SEE YOU TONIGHT!" I rush out before she can traumatize me more. I make my walk to Jamie's house and let myself in. I say i quick hello to his mom and go upstairs. I give a quick knock on his door before let myself in.

"Hello my friend" I say talking into the room. Jamie is sitting at his desk on his laptop. I walk over to his bed and sit. He turns around to talk to me

"Hey what's up, you're here early, not that i'm complaining to anything"

"Had to get away from a awkard moment with my mom." he give mouths oh and gets up to sit with me.

"So what would you like to do today?" i think for a second. I've done a lot of adventure this weekend, i could go for some normal.

"Can we watch a movie then go out to eat later?"

"Anything you want, i'm gonna go get some movies from downstairs okay?" i nod and watch as he leaves for downstairs. I pull out my phone a check my notifications to pass the time. About 5 minutes pass and i hear the door open again.

"I hope you got brought something cheesy i'm kinda in the mood for-" i look up from my phone but its not Jamie at the door, its Michael Clifford.

I only know Michael because he's one of Calums best friend. He bullied me in middle school as well. He also happens to be Jamies step brother. Jamies mom remarried Michael's dad about 4 years ago. Even though i practically live in this house with the amount of time i spend here, but i don't think micheal even knows my name. He's rarely home ever anyways so we never have any contact with each other outside of school, which is perfectly fine by me.

"Oh hey, your Calums friend." he says with a smirk. I just nod silently hoping he'll go away. of course he doesn't. He closes the door and leans against it staring at me.

"So, you guys fuck yet?" i'm shocked at his words and shake my head quickly

"What do you not speak?" i haven't said a word since he got in here but it's still rude to talk to someone like that.

"Yes I can speak Michael, No we didn't have sex, and i have a name you know, it's Elizabeth" i say sharply then go back to scrolling on my phone. He walks over to the foot of the bed and looks down at me.