Chapter 1

(I don't have an editor yet so sorry in advance for any slip ups..hehe)

I believe that everyone has a 2 stories. One they share with the rest of the world and one they keep just for them and really close friends. I don't like judging people on their first story because I don't know the second. That doesn't mean I tend to forget sometimes that there is a second. Sometimes someone's personality is so strong that you'd look at them and say "how could they have anything possibly wrong with them?" or in this case right.

Like for instance Calum Hood. Tall, muscular, really attractive, but then you actually speak to him and all that goes out the window. He's the type of kid that appeals to a select group of people; the brainless. The kids that overlook things like being nice and smart, and only focus on clothes and making fun of someone for their own entertainment. Calum Hood wasn't afraid of fighting a kid if he felt he needed to. And he had that need quite a lot.

When you look at a kid like Calum you don't think he has a deeper story. You think he's a complete dick. He's the type of kid to make you lose hope in humanity. Good thing there's still a group of people who agree with me and keep me sane.

"Elizabeth!" I hear someone call, pulling me from my thoughts. I turn my head to see my best friend Jamie getting my attention. Class is about to end in three minutes so I thank him silently and get my stuff ready to go. When I finally get everything sorted the bell rings and we all rush to the hallway. Jamie and I both have lunch so we pace down the hall to get a spot in line.

"You have to stop day dreaming in class. It's slowing down our lunch run" Jamie jokes once we finally get to the line to get our food.

"Don't blame me! You need to walk faster" we both laugh but its cut off the storm of idiots coming into the lunch room.

Basically Calum and his group of friends. You have the guys that find him and his actions funny, and the clueless girls fawning over him trying to receive his attention.

They storm in like they all own the place and sit at their usual spot next to the windows. We all try and stay clear of anyone in relations with Calum, because we all know what's going to happen. Complete and utter embarrassment. The goal is to keep your head down, avoid eye contact, and get to your seat in a timely fashion.

Once Jamie and I get our food we make our walk pass. Then the worst thing that could possibly happen happened; I tripped.

Not too must to cause all hell to break lose but just enough for everyone at the window to see. So basically all hell broke loose. In that moment I froze. Tried my best to act like nothing happened but I knew he wouldn't let it pass. Play it off like I was tying my shoe or something. Jamie didn't see me fall so he just kept walking. I tried my best to act like nothing happened but I knew he wouldn't let it pass. I could already hear the faint whispers talking about me so I just prepared myself for the inevitable.

Jamie was already siting by the time I looked up. What I didn't expect was for Calum to be hovering over me with his hand held out. What do you even do when Calum Hood tries to actually be a nice person? Instantly I think is a joke and he's going to scream yeet and run off laughing. Or worse hill dump something on my head. I tend to over think this a little too much so I try and think past it. It was getting pretty awkward on the floor and him just reaching out so I grab his hand and let him help me up.

"You should be a little more carful where you stepping. Wouldn't want you to get hurt now would we?" he says once I was off the ground.

"Ummm no...I mean thanks" I try to say, but end up sounding like a fish out of water.

"I'll let you get back to your friend now." He says and let's go of my hand. I had forgotten that he was even holding it. I was too distracted by his face. His brown eyes staring into my hazel ones. The slight smirk on his lips. His curly hair falling a little on his forehead from looking down at me. I hate to say it but no matter how much of a bum Calum Hood was, he is very good looking.

I hurry to my seat next to Jamie with is mouth wide open and slam my head on the table.

"Did you just...and did he just... what the heck is happening!" Jamie stutters staring at me.

"I don't know I don't know! Kill me now!" What on earth just happened? I've seen Calum and his friends butcher someone for breathing the wrong way. So why when I trip and nearly fall my face he helps me up and cares about me. I'm not special. Not super smart, not good at sports, no cool talents or anything to make me stand out so what makes me worthy of his graces. I don't want to care so much about it but I really do. Curiosity is going to eat me alive. So I just keep slamming my head on the table

"Elizabeth..." Jamie says pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah Jamie" I say, still hitting my head on the table.

"He's staring at you..." he whispers loudly.

"What!" I lift my head quickly and look toward the window and there he was; plain as day. The Calum Hood, the boy I've disliked since middle school. Is staring at me with a smirk on his face.

All hell has broken loose.

Annnd that's the end of the first chapter!

I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out and I hope you would like to keep reading as well (:

Let me know if I should continue or not. I'd love to hear your feedback

Until next time

-Rachel