Chapter 3

My power went out yesterday so I couldn't update. So to make up for it m here's two chapters :)

"Elizabeth slow down!" I hear Jamie say behind me. I hadn't realized I was running so fast till we were already on our street.

"I sorry I just really had to get out of there" I say slowing down to breath.

"I could tell by the way you cussed out Calum in front of basically the entire school. What the heck happened?"

So much had happened in a span of an hour and a half. Looking back on it makes my head start to spin. I sit on the curd and run my hands down my face. Jamie comes and sits next to me. I lean into him chest and let out a long sigh. He puts his arm around me and I get ready to tell him the wrong story.

"Jamie it is was awful! One minute he is flirting with me, or at least I think it was flirting, and the next thing you know he is on top of another kid punching him in the face. I would have been fine keeping to myself and forgetting it ever happened, but these guys started talking about me and saying such crude things I just-"

By now I've started crying into his shirt. Jamie hugs me tighter and tells me it'll be okay. I wipe my eyes and continue the story.

"So I just got angry and wanted to leave. Then he stopped me and I just couldn't keep it in and I just screamed at him. So embarrassing." I sniffle and wipe my nose.

"More like the best thing I've seen all year. You're a legend now. No one's ever called him out like that. You should have seen his face when you stormed off. His mouthing was just hanging there!" Jamie says laughing. I can't help but join in. Yelling like that was kind of fun now that I think about it. I feel a lot better about it now and start standing up, pulling Jamie with me.

The rest of the walk home we just make jokes about it. Jamie lives two doors down from me so we part ways at my house and I tell him I'll text me later and get inside.

It's only 3:30 in the afternoon so I know my mom isn't back from work yet which is kind of a relief. I mean don't get me wrong, I love my mom. She just knows me too well and can tell when something is wrong, and I don't feel like getting interrogated right now. I just drag my feet to my room and collapse on my bed. I hang out there for a while. Get some homework done and watch some shows I've missed that week. I'm in the middle of the latest episode of Once Upon a Time when my mom comes through the door.

"Elizabeth you up? I brought food!" she yells from the kitchen and I start walking to meet her.

"Hello my mother how was your day?" I say in a awful British accent to make her laugh.

"Quite well my darling, I come bearing gifts" she says in the same accent and hold out the bag of Chinese food.

"Oh you're amazing!" I say and we both sit at the table and start eating

"So how was day? Anything exciting at school happen" she ask and I freeze for a second. The last thing I want to do itexplain the whole Calum fiascoto her right now.

"Um nothing really. We had mac and cheese at lunch today, that was pretty nice" I wasn't lying, that did happen. But it was by far the lowest on the crazy scale from day.

"Oh that's nice sweetie" after that we just have random conversations until I head off to bed.

I had forgotten to grab my phone before I left so I was still sitting on my bed. I click the home button to see a text from a random number. I quickly unlock my phone to see what it says.

'Hey it's Calum, I'm sorry about what happened what happened today. I really didn't want you to see that. I'll make it up to you tomorrow I promise (:'

How in the heck did he get my number? What does he mean but'make is up to me tomorrow'.

I don't think I can handle another event like today. This is the most attention I've gotten since 7th grade and I don't enjoy it all. I don't want to deal with it at all right now so I don't respond.

Today really drained me so I just want to sleep. I turn off my lights and plug my phone up before crawling into bed. Maybe tomorrow won't be that bad.

I've saving my big a/n for the next chapter. don't forget to comment and votes and stuff!

-Rachel