Chapter 16

Alright I got inspired, after I finished the chapter, I actually had most of  chapter 15 written, I just need to end it. I was feeling inspired so here is another chapter. Alright below is Ares in his suit. :) Above is Sophia's dress. 

Chapter 16:

Chapter 16:

It became incredibly chaotic in our house when the IKEA stuff arrived. I was telling everyone where to go and that was actually pretty fun. The whole unloading process took around two hours. Once everything was unloaded Ares and I began to decorate and put everything up, which I was so grateful for his help, without it I would have been at it until tomorrow.

"So babe our house is officially done." I fall back onto the couch, He wraps his arm around me" I just sit and stare at our house. "I can not believe that this is ours." He kisses me on the forehead. "Soooooooo" Oh god what does he want me to do? "We have a formal dinner and dance with the pack to attend to tonight. It is so the two new packs can mingle and hopeful people may find their mates." I snap my head from looking out the window to glaring at Ares. "When is it?"

"It starts at seven." I looks up at the clock. It was 3:30 thankfully. I get up and run up to our bedroom. I walk into my closet and just stare. "You are one son of bitch Ares."

I finished getting ready about three hours later. I spent at least an hour of it looking for a damn dress. I am currently wearing a red dress with sequin details, black stilettos and a black clutch. I did my hair in tight ringlet curls, and put it in a high ponytail. I then applied light face makeup but did a smokey eye using red and black eye shadows. I applied a light pink lipstick, and then I was ready to go.

I walk down the stairs trying not to kill myself. When I finally make it down stairs I see Ares sitting in the living room in a black tuxedo. My heels on the floor caused him to spring up.

He stops walking towards me and just stares. "Holy mother of god." I twirl, "You like?" I already knew the answer. He just walked up to me and kissed me. "Let's go" He grabs my hand and takes me out to the black bentley.

We arrive at the pack house around 7:30, fashionably late. When we walk, we have to walk down a grand staircase before we get to the main level. It was honestly like a fairy tale, everyone stops what they are doing and bows. "I don't think I will ever get use to that." I whisper to Ares. He kisses my forehead. "Thank you everyone for coming tonight, I hope everyone enjoys themselves." You could hear a pin drop right now. " Dinner will be served at 10, enjoy yourselves until then."

He grabs my hand leads me down the stairs. "Stop you're going to fast, i'm gonna fall down the stairs and die." He stops and looks up at me. "Not literally Ares." He shakes his head and walks slower. "Thanks." As soon as we finish walking down the stairs Ares lets go of my hand and disappears into the crowd. Leaving me to stand there by myself. Luckily Macy finds me almost immediately. "Oh my god Sophia your dress is absolutely beautiful" She pulls me into a hug. I look at her. She is wearing a simple white dress with a gold belt, she has a gold headband around her head as well. "You look stunning Macy." She smiles and grabs my hand. "I want you to meet my mate." She then leads me over to her mate.

By the time it was dinner, Ares had yet to speak to me. So when it was time for dinner I was furious. I take my seat next to him at the table that is facing everyone else. He sits next to me, he reaches over to kiss me. I pull back. "Excuse me?" He gives me a look like What the actual fuck was that? "You have yet to speak to me the entire two and half hours we have been here." He looks pissed now. "I am so sorry I haven't been around you the entire time. I don't need you around to do my job." He says with complete and utter sarcasm, "You have got to be kidding me Ares?" He just narrows his eyes."Does it look like I am? You are needy and clingy, I don't need you around all the time." "Then you can do this by yourself. Seemed to be going real well before I got here so why do you need me now? Oh wait you need someone to have sex with." "That is what a mate is for." He crosses his arms and leans back into his chair. "Well I guess you can find plenty of girls who would be willing to do my job"He scuffs "Damn right I can Sophia" I get up, tears threatening to spill, my chair scrapes across the floor, this causes everyone to stop what they are doing and turn and look.

I weave my way through the tables, I walk up the stairs, I turn around to see Ares sitting stunned at the table. I walk up to the valet and tell them to grab the car. They pull up. I walk back over to the railing. Everyone is still silent "You said yourself you don't need me so you can do this without me." With that I turn around and walk out.

I get in the car. I pull up my dress, and take off my heels. While I am doing that, I see Ares making his way up the stairs. I quickly put the car in drive and speed my way out of the driveway. I make it home in record time. I decided now would be a perfect time to go see my parents. I need a break from Ares, and then this will show him that he needs me. I grab random clothes of the hanger and stuff them in a bag. I stick them in a bag. I change out of my dress, I throw it on the bed. I put on a nike windbreaker, a pair of nike leggings, and tennis shoes. I grab my phone charger.

I decided I should leave a note for Ares. I grab the keys to the escalade and write a short and simple note.

You don't need me? I am gone then Ares.

-Sophia.

I throw my bag in the passenger side of the car, I start the car, I back out of the garage and speed out of the driveway. I look in the rearview mirror and see our house fading into the distance. I just need time away from him, he really hurt me with what he said.