Feeling worse.

Eleniel's POV

I thought I was dead, I thought I have finally escaped my so called life but... I was wrong. I still felt the pain in my stomach where Prince Legolas stabbed me and the only thing that was going through my mind was;

He did not stab me enough.

I didn't want to open my eyes to see the people whispering in front of me but sooner or later I will have to. I slowly opened my eyes, it wasn't too bright or too dark but enough to not hurt my eyes. "She is awake!" a human called out behind him as I saw a wizard run to me and Prince Legolas. I smiled weakly at him and said "You didn't stab harder," he flinched at that statement and looked off in the distant.

"How are you feeling young one?" the wizard asked dressed in white robes. I smiled trying to show them that everything's alright even though it was not. "I'm fine... really! But I'm not young anymore," I said as I just stared at the ceiling hoping they would see me as an enemy and stab me, but for some reason I wanted to die in the hands of an Elf. To punish me for what I have done to some people especially men who I have killed.

The wizard's eyebrows shot up and he looked at me as if he was expecting an explanation from why an Orc was in the bed. That's when my eyes widen and I quickly bolted up looking at my hands that weren't black and grey and ugly. I let out a small laugh as I touched my face relieved that I was once again back to who I really was.

I hugged myself with affection and laugh as loud as I can as everyone looked at me like I have gone insane. "May I have your name?" the Wizard asked, I broke the hug from myself and looked at them with happiness in my eyes. I quickly stood up on the bed I was on and bowed deeply before them and said "I am Eleniel at your service and your families!" the wizard laughed and said "I like her already,"

The human and Prince Legolas let out a small laugh and once my eyes were on Prince Legolas, my eyes gleamed even more as I stood in front of him and said "Thank you!" I had to crane my head up for I was a really small Elf. "You are welco--" Before he could finish his sentence I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. "You don't know how much this means to me," I whispered in his ear. He awkwardly returned the hug.

I pulled myself away and sat on the bed, "Would you care to explain Eleniel?" the wizard asked, I trembled as I remember the nights and days as an Orc. My heart fell as if it was standing on the edge of the cliff. I looked at the ground with horror and fear in my eyes and Prince Legolas saw it. "Gandalf, I don't think it is the right time to be asking her such questions," he said, the Wizard so called Gandalf looked at me and nodded. "Get some rest Eleniel," Gandalf said as he stood up and walked away.

"He is just weary from all the fighting," the human with brown curly hair said to me, he smiled and walked away too. "His name is Aragorn son of Arathorn if you are wondering," Prince Legolas said as he smiled and looked into my eyes, I looked away and hide the blush that was creeping its way on my cheeks.

He walked away as things got awkward between us with all the silence.

I looked at my fingers happy to be me, as an elf again. I smiled again as I thought that destiny and fate brought me here to my first love, Prince Legolas Thranduillion. I was your typical elleth living in Mirkwood even though I was a good distance away from the palace of King Thranduil still I would get to see the royal family if ever they visited our small village or they would pass by.

My Ada and Naneth ran the small market selling food but mostly bread, my sister would sing and I would dance just to entertain people. We were a merry family. But I tried my best not to cry, I had stopped crying after three hundred years but every now and then tears would still fall for the pain in my heart wasn't bearable.

I hugged my knees as I pulled them close to my chest remembering my past before I was captured. I remember the first time I ever laid eyes on Prince Legolas:

It was autumn in Mirkwood and all the leaves in Mirkwood would turn bright green and yellow, my parents were at the shop, Ada would entertain the customers while Naneth would cook. Naneth was a great cook and very known to the court of King Thranduil, whenever they had a feast they would order from my mother.

Sometimes bringing me along so I could see the kingdom. I went with my mom one day on the Queen of Mirkwood's begetting day. I was still very young around fifty years old and I was small wearing a cute yellow dress. My mother was helping people preparing the food while I was admiring the palace. My dream was to always be a princess but my parents would always say that I am the Princess of their market and our family.

I went off to the balcony to look over the beautiful view of Mirkwood. The view took my breath away and I sighed at the beautiful view, in love with my home. I looked down to see some people training in the archery field. Only one caught my eye and he was wearing a green tunic with brown leggings and he seemed a few hundred years older than me, I was 50 and he was around 100+ (but is actually 200 at that time) as he shot a few arrows I could tell he was good because he always hit dead center and the other ellons around him were good but not as good as him.

He was tall (looked like a teenager while she looked like a child) and had golden blonde hair that were braided on the side showing off his electric blue eyes. The look on his face was serious as he aimed for his target. Once he released the string his arrow hit the center making some of the ellons cheer for him and then he smiled.

I never knew that one smile could make my world stop, a smile that could make my heart melt but beat at the same time how a smile could lighten up my day even though there was no darkness in my day. Somehow his smile, this young teenage ellon's smile could sweep me off my feet even without saying a single word.

From then and till on I have been head over feet. I knew after that day that he was the son of the King making me feel nervous but foolish at the same time. Me? An average elleth having a crush or infatuation on the Prince just sounded silly. Even some of the elleths I knew laughed at me, for no one in the whole middle earth could catch his attention except one elleth that I have been jealous about for some time.

Tauriel, one of Mirkwoods best archer, the right hand of Prince Legolas.

(Note: I do not hate or have anything against Tauriel, she is also a creation of Peter Jackson and I do not own her. And again I have nothing against her)

She lived near me and would sometimes tease me on how I had a crush on the Prince. She told me I stood no chance and she was right. Tauriel was perfect for the Prince, she was his age and was really beautiful with her red orange hair and blue eyes.

Not only that.... She was one of Mirkwood's best Archer and would always hang out with the Prince.

Prince Legolas never noticed me not until now. This made my stomach swarmed with butterflies not even sure if you can call this butterflies, the right term would be bees. But as quickly as it showed up it faded as the thought came to my head,

Did Prince Legolas marry Tauriel?

My heart sunk and my breathing became weak. I thought I would be happy being myself again in a long time but no... I was feeling the worst. Being an Orc, I could handle that. But turning back to myself and trying to fit back to my normal life was painful. Would anybody ever remember me? Did my family really die?  Will they accept me? and worst of all;

Would I watch and see how Legolas live his life with another?

and watch him from the distance like always?

I didn't know.

I don't know.

I should,

But I don't.