Chapter 16

A/N: Sorry this is a short little chapter but I really wanted to get something in so you guys wouldn't kill me :) anyways I think I'm going to have the party in a few chapters an I'm really excited for this one! I can't wait to write it I'm just bursting with ideas but it seems to be only for that chapter. It's like my mind is so stubborn it's like hmph I'm not giving any ideas except for the party chapter haha anyways chapter 16. Enjoy, Comment, Vote!

CHAPTER 16

I drove for awhile, trying to keep thoughts of David from my mind. I had no idea where I was going and I didn't care. How could I let this happen? I mean, I know there was no way I couldve known he was cheating on me, but I still had made myself vulnerable. I had fallen for him. I didn't even know him.

I kept driving until I saw the turn off for the beach. I took a sharp turn right, causing the car behind me to honk angrily. I parked in the sand, the beach deserted. I walked a few yards away from my car and crumpled in the sand. I stared out at the river. The wind blew the water into my face, and I didn't even care that the water stunk like sewage, the coolness of it seemed to calm me.

I dug a hole in the sand and let the dirt get under my nails. The sand was soft and cool against my skin the farther I dug down. I kept digging, my hole getting bigger and bigger. This was relaxing. Maybe I could just dig for the rest of my life. I stood up and took off my shoes. I rolled my pants up to my knees and walked to the water. I cringed when it hit my feet. It was freezing.

I walked away from the water and sat on a sand hill, facing the river. I felt tears flowing from my eys, my face going red and blotchy, I knew. It would be a miracle if Cameron showed up to comfort me. Last time had been just some weird coincidence. Even so, I still wished he was here, to comfort me and to tell me everything would work itself out. I laughed to myself, I could see his face, scrunching and unscrunching itself into funny faces to cheer me up.

I looked at the sky, pure blue, the exact opposite of how I felt. I heard the sand crunching behind me, slowly becoming louder as whoever it was came closer to me. I smiled to myself. "Cam, how did I know you would show up?"

I felt the person kneel beside me and I looked over, my face twisting in shock. "Cam? Who's that?"

I looked at David, his green eyes I once found attractive, now just looking like plain green eyes. "Oh, one of my friends. He, uh, showed up last time I was at the beach. You met him. On one of our, uh, dates. At Dairy Queen? You remember? He's really close to, um, me. He's sorta my comfort buddy, I guess." I let out a long whoosh of breath, realizing I had been rambling. I quickly stood up, almost tripping in the process. David stood too.

"Comfort buddy? Why do you need a comfort buddy? What's wrong? Have you been crying?" He came closer and I backed up, wiping the tears off my cheeks. His face twisted into confusion. "Addie?"

"Um, I should probably go." I said. I knew if I stayed any longer I would blurt all I knew about him. His cheating ways. Anger flashed quickly across his face. He wasn't happy that I was avoiding him, and I felt a sudden surge of panic in my stomach.

"Is there something wrong?" His tone wasn't as friendly as before and I knew I should leave, but before I could stop myself my back straightened and my head shot up in defiance.

"I know you cheated on me with Margo," I said calmly. His expression turned hard for a moment before he could plaster on a look of innocence. Panic was replaced by anger as I took in his fake look.

"I don't know what you are talking about," He said his voice and posture stiff.

I scoffed. "Yeah right! Margo is my best friend and she told me. How could you? No, how dare you!?!? You were with her before you were with me! And you had the nerve to kiss me! Ugh! You're a pig!" I quickly turned to stomp towards my car, anger evident on my face. I needed to think. How dare he? Pretend as though he doesn't know what I'm talking about? He knew, and he could at least have the decency to admit what he did was wrong. I still couldn't believe it. Of all the people in the world, Margo and David.

Just as I was reaching my car a hand shot out and yanked violently on my arm. I fell to my knees and gasped in pain. I tried to pull my arm back but the grip was too strong. I looked behind me and saw David, his eyes wild and his face red.

"You're a slut, a little tease that's all you are. Don't think I didn't realize you were hooking up with Margo's boy toy. How dare you speak to me like that? You were lucky to even talk to me, you bitch!" I didn't realize his hand and gone up until it hit me on the face. I gasped, my cheek stinging with rage and pain. He looked at me and then threw my arm down. He grabbed a handful of sand and threw it in my face, yelling words like slut and whore. I choked on the grainy dirt as I tried to inhale some clean air. My nose and mouth were filled with sand as he raised a fist and punched me in the stomach.

I tried to scream but sand filled my lungs. He knelt down in front of me as I coughed up lungful after lungful of dirt. He grabbed my face and looked in my eyes. My face was red and blotchy, tears streamed down my cheeks, and my nose was running like a faucet. "You will regret this," He growled.

With that he walked away, back to his car, leaving me on my knees choking on dirt. What the hell had just happened? David my knight in shining armor? More like my nightmare in shining armor. After my lungs had become somewhat clear I walked, more like limped, back to my car. I got in and turned on the heater. I sat there for a few minutes, letting the air warm my body. Where was I going to go? I couldn't go home, not in this condition. I picked up my phone and called my mom.

"Hello?" Her clear voice seemed as out of place in this situation as a nerd on a football field.

"Hey, mom," My voice was raspy, and scared even me. I cleared my throat and tried again, my voice still not sounding healthy, but marginally better than before.

"Addie? Honey, where are you?" She sounded worried and I felt bad for lying to her.

"I'm at Margos. I think I'm just going to stay the night here, we have this huge project that Mr. Batey gave us, sort of like a welcome back present he said. So I think I'm gonna stay and work on it." I coughed again, trying to clear my scratchy throat.

"Okay, honey, but what's wrong with your voice? You sound like you just swallowed a bucket of sand."

Wow, she's good. "Oh, me and Margo were joking around and we tried to do that dare, you know where you try to swallow a tablespoon of cinnamon. I guess I didn't get it all out of my mouth. I was choking like crazy."

I heard her breathe a sigh of relief and I could feel her relax. "Okay, sweetie. Have fun and don't stay up too late, it IS a school night, and you have to wake up early tomorrow. Love you."

"Love you too, mom. Bye." I hung up my phone and pulled off the beach. Ugh, where was I going to go on a school night? Where was I going to stay? I drove in circles for awhile, trying to decide where would be best to go. Suddenly an idea hit me. Duh, how could I have not thought of it before? Cameron.