Chapter 6

A/N: so I believe this chapter is a little longer and it surprisingly it didn't take as long as the other so let's cross our fingers and hope more chapters come faster and longer. The beginings of chapters are always the hardest to write cuz you need to think of a plot for the chapter so I'll try to jump on it asap.

CHAPTER 6

My hand flew to my mouth and I heard a gasp escape my lips. Cameron wiped his forehead and looked away, ashamed. I shook my head trying to think of any way that it couldn't be true.

"You're sure it was Margo?" I asked, trying to find a solution to the problem unraveling in front of me.

He whipped around and I could see anger burning in his eyes. "Don't you think I would have confirmed that piece of information when the oppurtunity was at hand? Of course I'm sure it's Margo." He growled in my face.

I backed up, shocked that he would unravel like that in front of me. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry..." He started but I held up my hand to stop him.

"The fact of the matter is, you are still dating Margo and you need to find a way to break up with her. Don't take your anger out on me, Cameron. Margo may be my best friend but she's definetly not my problem. You can clean up this mess yourself." I turned and walked away, leaving Cameron with his mouth hanging open.

*********************************

Wow, I really didn't think this one through. My house has to be, what, 11 or 12 blocks away from the beach. It's freezing outside. The one day it's freezing outside and I decide it's a great idea to walk from the beach to my house.I sighed and pulled my sweatshirt closer to my body.

Suddenly I heard a pair of tires come to a stop and a window being rolled down. My breath caught in my throat and my body froze.

"Hey do you need a lift?" A warm voice said, surprising me.

"Uh, um, no!" I said my voice shaking. All of a sudden it magically started raining. I threw my hands up, forgetting momentarily that the strange man in the car was watching me.

"So how about that ride?" He said, his hair wet as he stuck his head out of the car.

I looked towards him, my face a picture of exasperation. I studied his features, seriously considering getting a ride from him. He had brown, shaggy hair that fell just above his eyes. Green eyes that, on anyone else, wouldn't have belonged, but on him just seemed right. His muscles showed through his tshirt, there but not big enough to scare you out of a ride. His features were prominent but soft. He was my age and I was sure of that.

I walked around the car and opened the passenger door. I sat down and shut the door.

"Thanks for the ride. My house is a couple blocks away I'll show you when you first need to turn." I said, looking over at him. He was smiling at me now.

"What? Oh, I'm sorry about the water and stuff. I didn't mean too..." I said looking around me at the puddle forming around me.

"No it's not that, you're just funny."

"Ok, then." I said, patting my legs and looking out the window. He turned and started driving.

"My names David."

"Adelynn."

"So how old are you?"

"17."

"Same here." He said.

"Okay so take a left at this stop sign and the at the next stop sign take a right."

"Roger that."

I laughed. "Roger that?"

He chuckled. "I'm a little old fashioned like that."

I looked at him and smiled. "It appears so."

*********************************

Fifteen minutes after David had dropped me off I was sitting on bed staring at the phone number he had scrawled onto a small piece of notebook paper and shoved into my hand.

"Call me if you ever need another ride or something." He'd said. The quirky joke had left me feeling comfortable in his presence and actually wishing to see him again. Maybe I would call him this weekend.

David had taken my mind off of Cameron and he seemed to help me mellow out a little. His calm aura had helped me open up to him and soon led to me telling him about the events that had led to the angry walk in the rain.

That night I went to sleep thinking about David. Questions swarmed my mind. If he was my age how come I'd never seen him at school? Why was he so nice? What was it about him that made me feel so happy and calm? And the big one. When would I see him again?