chapter twenty six

It was the end of the week, which meant it was time for Connor and his siblings to go to their father's house for the next week. Connor slowly packed his things in his bag, purposely taking a long time. He loves his father dearly, but he really did not want to face Kathy.

Kathy was a bitch, everybody knew it. She had always tried to make Peter do something he doesn't want. Last week it was buying a new bed, this week was something Connor wasn't expecting at all.

Nicola, Connor, and Brandon walked up to their front, door, ready to walk into their fathers house, that's when they heard the yelling coming from the open window above them.

"Why won't you listen to me, Peter? The house is too small, we need to move!" Kathy had shouted. "There's a great house just a few miles aw-"

"A few miles, Kathy? It's an hour away. I wouldn't do that to my kids!" Peter shouted back. Connor just stood there in shock, looking at his sister and brother with wide eyes. Was Kathy seriously trying to convince Peter to move out of their childhood home? Not to mention an hour away from their friends and mom?

Then, Kathy pulled the trick that always worked on Peter. Fake crying.

"It's just," she began, taking a deep breath as she pretended to wipe away her tears. "I feel so uncomfortable in this house because," she paused again, letting out a fake sob. "Because Cheryl lived here and, and, I don't want to live in the same house as your ex!"

Connor rolled his eyes, unlocking the front door as the conversation Peter and Kathy were having continued on. She always did this. "I don't want to sleep in the same bed that Cheryl slept in!" "I don't want to ride in the same car Cheryl rode in!" "I don't want to live in the same house Cheryl lived in!" it was annoying, Connor hated every second of it, but Peter usually gave in.

So it was no surprise to Connor when his father called a family meeting right after they had the kids' favorite meal. Peter really gave in, didn't he?

"So kids," Peter started, pushing the glasses back up onto his nose. "I uh, wanted to talk to you," he seemed nervous, Kathy kept patting his thigh, encouraging him to go on. "Kathy and I, uh, we made the decision to move?"

Connor strongly disliked change, but he knew someone who hated it even more, and that was Brandon. Brandon let out a large gasp, followed by the sound of his repetitive 'no's.

"Wh-why?" Nicola asked, confused. Peter closed his eyes, he really didn't want to do this to his kids.

"Kath- We figured it'd be best. It's an hour or so away an-"

"An hour? You're asking me to move an hour away from my school, friends, and mom?" Connor asked, outraged. He had heard their conversation earlier, but he was at least hoping his dad would be able to convince Kathy to move somewhere closer.

"Connor, I know it's a lot,"

"A lot? Dad it's more than that! You can't do that to us!"

"Oh please," Kathy barged in. "Brandon is starting High School at the end of the summer and you two only have a year or so left!"

"In case you're forgetting, Kathy, Nicola and I are over eighteen; we don't have to stay with you two! We only do for Brandon's sake!" Connor admitted. He was the only one talking, everyone else stayed silent. Brandon had a look of guilt for making his brother and sister go through this hell with him.

"In case you forgot, Connor, your father is more financially stable; therefore he has the primary custody of you three! Therefore, until you move out, you're main address is your fathers, so you have to go to the school associated with you fathers address." Kathy fought back. Peter tried to bud in, but Kathy continued to ramble.

"Then I'll go to the divorce court! Fight for my mother to have primary custody of us!" Connor retorted, tried by Kathy trying to convince them to move.

"What are you going to say? 'Oh my dad wants me to move so give my mother full custody!'" Kathy mocked, not giving a shit that she was saying all of this in front of Peter.

"I was thinking more along the lines of 'my step mom is an evil bitch and I feel highly uncomfortable at my fathers house.'"

"They'll never listen to you, Connor. And would you really want to do that to your father?"

"That's enough!" Peter finally chimed in, standing up to stop the feud between his wife and son. "Kids, go upstairs, I'm going to have a word or two with Kathy."

__

Once upstairs, each kid went into their respective bedrooms. Brandon proceeded to play on his x-box as if nothing happened. Nicola went onto tumblr, and Connor immediately pulled out his phone and began texting Troye.

Connor: I literally hate my step mom so much.

Troye: why do you say that? did something happen?

Connor: she's trying to get my dad to move out, which means a new school and everything for me. It just really fucking sucks, you know? He has primary custody so the school I'd be attending is an hour or so away. Which means an hour away from my mom, Bethany, Hannah, and you. I don't want to be an hour away from you.

Connor clicked send, hoping Troye would reply right away. However, he didn't. He waited one, two hours for a reply from Troye, yet he received nothing at all. Until, finally, two and a half hours after he had texted Troye, he heard his phone go off.

Troye: I've only been to your dads house once so I pray to god I'm at the right house and the right bedroom window.

Confused, Connor threw down his phone and made his way to the bedroom window, only to see Troye sitting there with a bag in his hand and a smile on his face.

"I wanted to make you feel better."

__

A/N

Hey fam sorry it's been awhile.

Lowkey recommend me some of your favorite tronnor fanfics (or your won fanfics!) because I'm fresh out :/

love you lovies xx