The first time we met.....

We went to the park the next day and I was sitting in the park bench watching all the little kids whizz past laughing and shouting. I sat there looking around with Maddy sitting next to me texting on her phone.

I looked around again and found a guy looking right at me, freaking out I shook Maddy out of her daydream and told her to look.

"Maddy, look at him he's staring at me?!" I asked nervously.

"What?, him?" She asked pointing towards him.

"Yea." I said in a duh-tone.

"Well, don't worry about him I'm sure he'll go away soon." She said turning back to her phone.

I looked back at him and he looked about 19, tall, built, brown wavy hair and piercing blue eyes.

Hmm creppy, I began shuddering.

I looked at Maddy, then back at The List in my hands. What the hell am I going to do?! I can't do this anymore I need a break.

I put it back down on my lap and leaned back against the bench looking around again, I then realized the guy wasn't there.

I looked around scared and soon realized that he was making his way towards me.

"OMG, he's making his way towards us what the hell, what do we do?" I asked my voice going a pitch higher.

"Just don't worry, he probably has a perfectly good reason." She asked obviously a bit nervous as well.

"Hi, was that what I think I saw?" He asked pointing to The List.

I looked up at him and saw he was absolutely gorgeous but looked really tired.

"Uh, what thing?" I asked a bit scared.

"That, is that The List?" He asked pointing at it in my lap.

"Um, may I ask but how do you know about this?" I said picking it up.

"Well, ok you have to speak a word to no one ok?" He said worriedly.

"Um, ok?" I said.

"Ok, have you read the newspaper lately?" He asked sitting down next to me, glancing at Maddy.

"Yea, I have why?" I asked suspiciously.

"Ok, well I know I can trust you with this information, but I'm Xavier I let all the animals out I that zoo and I have to keep low for the time being, all the cops are going around asking for me but I can't be seen." He said shuffling around in his seat uncomfortably.

"Ok, then well, ok so your the guy who let the animals out? Ok then so what about the other guy James?" I asked looking at him.

"Well he's over there, but can you come over I need to tell him there are others." He said getting up.

"Well, ok but can I bring Maddy?" I asked pointing towards her.

"Yea sure but come quick I'll be right over there." He said pointing towards the far end of the park.

"Ok"

Maddy had been oblivious to all of this and was still sitting there on her phone.

"Hey Maddy, come on we have to go." I said pushing her.

"Wait what, oh yea right" she said pushing herself up.

We headed over where Xavier and James were.

"Hey, I'm Zoe." I said extending my hand.

"Hi, I'm James." He said shakin my hand.

"So I heard you also have The List, did you get it from Jack?" He asked with a questioning look.