▸ Ch.05 ♆ disturbed

WHEN WE ARRIVED AT THE MANSION, I hopped out the car, and threw the door shut behind me

WHEN WE ARRIVED AT THE MANSION, I hopped out the car, and threw the door shut behind me. I walked briskly to the front steps, opening the door as I reached the porch. I quietly slipped inside and disappeared, heading in the direction of my room. As I glanced over my shoulder, I saw San lingering awkwardly in the entrance, giving me one last look before disappearing into thin air.

            I let out a sigh and continued on my way without another word.

            My mind was in a world of turmoil. I couldn't think straight. San's words had completely unnerved me, and strangely enough, I found myself believing the things he said about his brothers and the things they were capable of. After all, he'd already read my mind and told me, to my face, what I was thinking. If he could read my mind like that, then him being able to manipulate and use me for whatever he deemed fit wasn't that far-fetched. Despite the pile of things that remained unknown about him, the one thing I did know for sure was that he was a player, a flirt, and a complete asshole.

            After what felt like endless walking, I finally reached my room.

            I shut the door behind me, and when I turned around, I found all the bags containing my newly bought clothes as well as a small piece of card with my name printed neatly in elegant cursive.

            I picked it up, holding the paper between my fingers as I read it. See you at six. It was signed in San's name. I placed the card down on the table and began fishing out the items of clothing, spreading them across the bed, in their designated outfits set by San himself. Eventually, after sorting out each outfit, I came to my conclusion.

            I smiled and grabbed the outfit and dashed to the bathroom.

            Precisely at six, on the dot, there was a knock on my door. 'Coming!' I called as I waltzed across the room and to the door. I opened it to reveal San in a dark-grey suit jacket, crisp white shirt, and plain black trousers. His hair was slightly ruffled, and his eyes were languidly moving up and down my body.

            I internally smiled, seeing how San desperately tried to contain his surprise. 'What?' I asked as I stepped out of my room, closing the door softly behind me.