''Oh my god.'' Her eyes wide open.

''He went to jail though.'' I smile a little.

''Did he just leave after he finished?'' She furrows her eyebrows.

''Uh... Mark stopped over when It was happening. I forgot my sketchbook in class and he brought it to me.'' I cry a little more. ''He protected me. He hugged me and sat with me until I stopped crying.'' I keep a straight face.

''At least he was there.'' She tears up.

''Yeah, I'm grateful for that.'' I smile slightly.

Just as were talking about how I was lucky Ma- Mr. Fischbach walks in.

''Hey Ciara. Hi Hazel.'' Mr. F says and sits with us at our table.

''Hey, Mr. Fischbach. We were just talking about.... yesterday.'' Ciara looks down.

''Oh... How're feeling about that?'' Mr. Fischbach ask.

''I'm okay I guess, I couldn't sleep last night so I've been up since 2:30.'' I smile a little.

''Other than that, I'm just peachy-keen.'' I say sarcastically.

''It'll be okay. Just wait for time to heal your scar.'' He rubs my arm.

I put my head down and I just cry silently like I did earlier.

I can hear Ciara and Mr. Fischbach talking about something but I could care less.

I just eavesdrop a little. 

They're talking about my high school years.

''She had an abusive father and it was a relief when she got accepted into college.'' Ciara whispers.

Mark doesn't reply. He just listens.

''He would punch her and take away her food if she didn't buy enough beer for him.'' Ciara adds.

''I-I... wow.'' Is all he could say.

''Her mom died when she was in the 8th grade.'' Ciara keeps telling him.

''After her mom died he became an alcoholic. He would take all his anger on her. He always told her that her mom was better than Hazel. How 'Hazel should've been the one to die not her mom.' It was sad the way he treated her.'' Ciara says. Not whispering anymore.

I lift my head and my eyes are all red and puffy. They both get up and hug me tightly.

''Ill be right back. I need to wash my face off.'' I say and walk to the bathroom.

~Mark's P.O.V~

I felt so bad for Hazel. She didn't deserve to go through all of that!

''She actually tried committing suicide a few times.'' Ciara starts to tear up.

''Why?'' I mumble.

''Her dad told he she didn't belong in this world and she was a mistake, and that 'That mistake killed the woman I loved.' Random cruel stuff. She over-dosed herself a few times. Luckily, she was all that her dad had left of her mother. She was 'his entire world' when she was about to die. I remember I was in the bathroom at the hospital the 2nd time she tried I heard him talking to himself. He said, 'She can't die. She does everything for me. She is my punching bag when I have a bad day. She is all I need to make it through my day....No I don't need her. I need her mother.' '' Ciara was crying a lot more this time. I was too.

''She was lucky she didn't die. She moved out of her house to go to college. It's been great! She made it out of depression and she hasn't done anything cooky lately! '' Ciara smiles.

I smile small. Hazel walks out of the bathroom. I wait for her to get closer. 

''Sorry. I just needed t-'' I cut her off and pulled her into a tight hug.

''Really I'm okay. I just... needed some space for a few seconds.'' She smiles.

''I just- I'm shocked about your story.'' I look at her in the eye.

''I guess I'm a fighter. I just wouldn't die. I'm glad I didn't though. I like college.'' She smiles.

''You're a fighter.'' Ciara hugs her.

''I hope you two have a good day. I'm going to go. Stay safe.'' I say and walk out the door.

~Hazel's P.O.V~

I walk back home a few minutes after Mark leaves. I play some Evanescence. I get home and I play some video games. I get a little tired. I've been up since 2:30! It's 8 am right now. I go to my computer and I fall asleep watching Markiplier's videos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo 

Sorry I'm tired soooo. 

-B