Home

AU: This is an established relationship between Stiles and Derek. Derek returns home from serving in Iraq after being gone a year. Stiles and Derek live together.

Stiles is practically bouncing up and down, scanning the airport for his face despite the fact the plane hasn't even landed yet. The flight's due to arrive in exactly- Stiles checks his watch for the umpteenth time- four minutes. If it's on schedule, that is. Waiting out in the car is Scott, who insisted upon driving Stiles here so he could sit with Derek in the back seats on the way home- not that he complained at all. Though he did promise Scott he'd keep it PG. Bummer.

He's surrounded by several dozens of military families; kids hold balloons, parters clutch bouquets of flowers for their significant others, smiling faces hold up signs welcoming home their soldiers. All Stiles bought was a box of chocolates for Derek- after all, on the phone yesterday his insistent boyfriend demanded upon them, and only them. No 'Stiles-like' surprises.

Then a bell chimes a few times, getting everyone's buzzing attention. An announcement was made as Stiles practically shook with excitement.

Flight number 234-

Stiles checked the flight number he'd hastily scribbled on the back of his hand before he left- this was it.

-Have now arrived at the gate and will be ready for bag collection shortly.

Stiles grinned, his expression mirroring that of the people around him.

Butterflies flitted away in his stomach as he stood on the balls of his feet, scanning the crowd for any signs of soldiers emerging through the door at the front of the large space. And then the first muscular figure appeared, the second, third and fourth in tow. Some were chatting with one another, but others eagerly searched the crowd for their loved ones.

And then he saw him. His heart practically exploded. Derek was home. Derek didn't see him right away, not until Stiles- being his usual demanding self- snaked through the crowd, elbowing people and stepping on their feet until he was about six ft away from Derek.

Derek, who had been gone for so long. Derek, who he'd only dreamed of having this moment with. Derek, the man he'd waited hundreds of days to see, crossing each one off of his calendar as time unraveled over the last year. It was almost unreal.

"Derek," was all Stiles- speechless, love struck, Stiles- could breathe out in a whisper.

The corners of Derek's mouth twitched ever so slightly, his eyes the feature of his face that poured with happiness, burning into Stiles like the sun, putting the hugest grin on the younger boy's face.

Stiles could practically feel his eyes stinging with tears, but he didn't care. No, not all. Because Derek was home.

Like two magnets drawn to one another, Stiles practically dived forwards, uncaring as to how he may have looked, and collapsed into Derek's immense, strong arms, which, like an automatic response, instinctively wrapped around the skinnier boy, pulling him in.