"Hey Mark! How are you doing on this fine day?" I raise an eyebrow. They are acting really suspicious, Felix never says that. That means they are hiding something from me.

"So. Felix. What was the thing you wanted to talk to me about?"

"It's actually about a video game! We were looking back on old video games and came across a few Mario games. I like Mario better but Cry here likes Luigi better. So we wanted to see what you thought! Mario or Luigi?"(leave a comment on who you like better!) They have got to be kidding me. I'm starving and I want to go to the cafeteria to eat breakfast already.

"Well this is a silly question. I'll answer later, i'm starving and I want to get to the cafeteria to eat breakfast before the line gets too long." I prepare to push through Felix and Cry.

"Mark just answer the question." Cry said with a stern and serious voice. I stop in my tracks and back away. The last thing I want to do is annoy Cry. He's sweet and all, but the one thing you never do is upset him. It's the nice ones that are the scariest to piss off.

"Fine. Fine. I choose Luigi!"

"WHAT WHY? MARIO IS SO MUCH COOLER!" Felix said, obviously outraged with the answer I had given him. Cry looks over to me and chuckles. Even though he was wearing his mask, I could tell he had a smug smile on his face.

"Welp Felix, I have won this argument. Luigi may be tiny but he is mighty! Besides, Luigi is kinder than Mario."

"NO CRY, MARIO IS FAR MORE SUPERIOR! HE'S THE FACE OF THE FRANCHISE!" Not even 7:30 and Felix is already rambling on about nonsense. Suddenly I hear two chimes from Felix's phone. He waits a second, then he checks it and his anger completely vanishes and he smiles at me.

"Oh hey! Jack is in the cafeteria. Let's get going guys!" Now i'm really confused.

"Ummm. Felix, what about the whole video game thing?"

"Oh that? Meh. Whatever." Whatever?!?! Felix never backs out of an argument like this. Something is going on and they aren't telling me what it is. We enter in through the doors and the halls are completely empty, but there are pink streamers hanging from the ceiling and hearts hung everywhere on the walls in celebration of Valentines day.

After roaming the empty halls for a bit, we finally get to the cafeteria entrance and that's where Felix and Cry stopped.

"Well Mark you go on ahead. I forgot my, ummm, Alg. 2 book in my locker!" He zips away down the empty halls and disappears in an instant. I look over at Cry.

"Well. I forgot my ear buds in my locker. I'll be right back!" He zips away just as fast as Felix. Strange. Why is everyone acting so weird today? Where is everyone anyway?

I stare at the cafeteria doors for a bit. Should I go in? Is this some kind of prank? I'm starving, so if I want food, I will get food.

I open the doors and the whole cafeteria is filled with students all around the walls whispering. It all goes quiet once they realize my presence.

"What the fuck?" suddenly Jack emerges out from the crowd and steps into the center. I'm surprised he's not running from the spotlight like he usually would. I can see the sparkle of sweat all over his forehead. He looked really cute, wearing a button up with a red bow tie and dress pants.

"M-Mark Fischbach!" This is really weird and sudden. He pulls out notecards and scans them over, he shakes his head and shoves the cards into his pocket. Adjusting his bow tie, he opens his mouth to finally continue.

"For 6 or so years, we have been the best of friends. Playing video games, endless all nighters we pulled, studying together, and fooling around from time to time. You and all of our friends have kept me sane all these years." Someone shoves me further into the cafeteria and closes the doors behind me. I whip my head around to try and catch who it was, but I wasn't fast enough.

"And for those 6 years. I've hidden something from you. Something I don't know how you'll feel about. But, I feel today is the day where I finally tell you." the whole school is standing waiting and listening. I hyper focus in on Jack. my heart begins to beat out of my chest. Is this really happening?

"Mark, for those 6 years that we have been friends, i've hidden away the fact that I like you. Actually I don't like you, because I LOVE YOU!" His voice cracks a but, but I don't notice. I'm still standing there, mouth gaped open in shock as he grabs balloons, a heart shaped box, and daisies. He approaches me and we stand there face to face.

"Mark Fischbach. Will you be my Valentine and my new boyfriend?" I stood there, overwhelmed but smiling like a goof. His face is a deep shade of red and glistening with sweat, I could tell he was nervous for an answer. I give him a re-assuring smile and I feel the tears well up in my eyes. All of this for me?

"Jack. I'm so glad you told me, because I feel the same and I wanted to tell you, but I was too scared." His face lit up in excitement and he dove into a hug. I reciprocate and wrap my arms around him and embrace him. Everyone cheered, was the whole school in on this?

"Mark I love you so much. It feels so good to finally tell you." He pulls away from our hug and I look him in his blue eyes, filled with tears of joy.

"I wouldn't know what to do without you." I then press my lips to his and he jolts a bit, but kisses me back. Everyone cheers louder. We finally pull away from each other.

"I love you Jack."

"I love you Mark." Felix walks up with a smirk. Both Jack and I look over to him

"I knew you would love the surprise Jack!" I look back over to Jack. Surprise? I thought I was the one being surprised!

"You knew this whole time that Mark liked me back?" Felix nods and Jack looks back to me.

"How long have you felt this way?"

"Ever since you pulled me back into reality and helped me when no one else would." Tears stream down his face and he holds me tight, crying into my shoulder. I place my chin on top of his head and hold him tight.

I promise never to leave you Jack.
I care about you.