•Chapter 10•

~Jack~

Valentines day is creeping up faster than I had expected. Hell, it's in only a week! I have decided what to give him: a box of his favorite chocolate truffles, some balloons, and daisies. Yes, I got the idea from my whack dream. Don't judge me. This would be the one time I won't care about attention, because I decided to tell him like it was a prom-posal (and those things are BIG).

I've run through what I want to say 1,001 times, but I just could never get the words i want to say. As i'm writing it down it sounds perfect, but when I re-read it, it sounds like a 10 year old confessing to a girl in his class. I wanted nothing but perfection for this day. It's been bottled up for 6 years so why not make it special?

Everyone was in on this and was more than willing to help me. Ken and a few others would help me set up the cafeteria. Cry and Felix would distract him. Marzia and Mary would help "razzle dazzle" me up as they said, which in other words means help me get dressed. Right now I bet you're thinking "all of this for some measly 6 year crush?" Yes. This is the only time I would be willing to have all eyes on me, the only time i'll be okay being the center of attention. I'm just hoping he feels the same.

I was texting Felix to make sure everything was in order and prepared for the following Friday.

Felix: Okay, so what I have to do is find a way to make conversation with Mark and Cry until everything is done being set up, i'll have my phone in my pocket. 2 texts means done. 3 texts means you need more time. Ken and the girls will help set up the streamers and decorations. Marzia and Mary will help get you cleaned up. and I sure as hell hope you have your "speech" set up.

Jack: Everything sounds perfect Felix. Thanks so much.

Felix: Of course! Anything for you bro. Wanna hear sone even better news I know?

Jack: What is it?

Felix: I would tell you, but it would ruin the surprise!

Jack: What surprise?

Felix: It was very lovely when I found out, i'm sure you'll feel the same!

Jack: FELIX YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT SURPRISES!

He stopped texting me after that, which left me scared. What could he mean?

*one week later*

-Mark-

It's Valentine's day, what a lovely day to be single and eat all the chocolate in the house. I want to tell Jack I like him, but at the same time i'm too scared, I know I wouldn't be able to bring myself to tell him and I don't think I would have the proper way of putting it out there. Talking is hard sometimes, especially when it's on the spot stuff.

I wake up to my alarm buzzing, I manage to pry my eyes open and I get blinded by the sunlight that enters through the open curtains. I drag myself out of bed and head to the bathroom. I look myself in the mirror, and I really look like a mess. Hair defying gravity, eye bags like you wouldn't believe, i'm pretty sure I need to shave soon because I can see some stubble. I grab a comb and try to tame the floof that lay atop of my head. I brush my teeth and put my glasses on and head over to my closet to get dressed. There are some things about your appearance you can't change and must live with, i've come to terms with that.

I grab everything and head out the door, just as I stepped out, my phone buzzed.

Felix: Hey man, once you get to school: text me. I need to talk to you about something with Cry.

Well that doesn't sound good. This could be an emergency, I hurry my way to school just in case something bad had happened.

I approach the school and in the distance and see Felix and Cry talking in the doorway entrance to the school, I walk up to them and they block the entrance.