The Search

This entire chapter, previously called 'Arin', has been redone and is completely in Arin's POV.

I walked around the camp searching for Anya. Joyla has been gone for a few days now and I was beginning to worry.

I had finally opened up. I had finally let someone into my heart and now she was gone. She vanished.

I knew the Sky People had something to do with her disappearance. Joyla was too smart to get caught up with a rival clan. The Sky People, however, were uncharted territory.

My gaze finally landed on Anya. She was having a discussion with other members of our clan. I walked over to them and placed my hand on Anya's shoulder.

She turned around.

"We need to talk." I said. Anya nodded her head and excused herself from her company.

We walked towards the back of the camp where not that many people were.

"We need to find Joyla." I said as we came to a stop.

Anya practically scoffed.

"That's what you wanted to talk about, Arin? Joyla is a warrior. I'm sure she's fine." Anya said. She started to walk away but I blocked her path.

"She could be hurt. Maybe the Sky People have taken her as a prisoner. She's one of us, we can't let that go unpunished."

"You're drawing conclusions. If you are asking me to assemble some of our best warriors to go after her, I won't do it. I will not risk the lives of many for the life of one girl." Anya stated.

She tried to leave but I blocked her path once again.

"She's not just some girl. You've known her since she was a child. How can you not care?" I asked.

Anya didn't say anything as she walked around me and left. I angrily walked away and to the home I shared with my sister. She wasn't home. She left to be with Kaisher hours ago.

Whatever she was up to wasn't any of my business, but that didn't mean I didn't worry at times.

I dropped down to the floor and stared at my hands, deep in thought.

I wasn't in love with Joyla. But I cared about her enough to not just stand here wondering if she was okay or not.

I sighed and grabbed my spear from the back of the room.

I was going to look for her.

AN: I was editing the story and thought of how much more interesting this chapter would be if it was in Arin's POV, hence me redoing the whole thing.

I hope you like it better than the original one :)