The Calm

*Re-Edited*

Warning: Slightly mature content ahead. If you don't want to read that part (Which isn't really that graphic/mature) skip when you see **

I was placing slices of meat on sticks with Octavia in the smokehouse. During my stay here, Octavia and I have gotten even closer and I actually consider her a good friend.

"Let's get this party smokin'." Some guy named Del said as he walked in. He made the fire really big and I cringed at his idiotic actions.

"You don't want the fire too big, so maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves." I said to him, handing another slice of meat to Octavia.

"You get that from your boyfriend, Grounder Pounder?" He said to me. I instantly knew he was talking about Lincoln. What he didn't know was that Octavia had Lincoln and I had Arin.

Did I have Arin?

I mean, Arin and I haven't even made anything serious. We just shared a few stolen kisses here and there...

Arin knows how I feel about him and I know how he feels about me. He made that abundantly clear that night at our tree and that day when I left to spy for Anya, which I am currently debating on continuing. That's enough for us, right?

But then there's Bellamy. I'm not so sure about him. I mean, I care about him, but every time I'm with him Arin plagues my thoughts.

"She's right. A hot fire isn't going to preserve the meat as well." Murphy said in my defense.

"You can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse. You should be kissing our asses for letting you back into camp. Just keep working." Del said before sauntering off.

If looks could kill, he would be dead a thousand times over.
------------------------------------------------------

I practically dragged Octavia out of the smokehouse. It had caught fire because, like I said before, the fire was too big. Octavia sat down on the damp ground and I took my place next to her, both of us in a coughing fit.

"Are you guys okay?" Bellamy asked Octavia and I when he got to the site of the fire. We both nodded our heads and I saw that Bellamy's eyes held concern. He placed his hand on my knee and rubbed it comfortingly before placing it back at his side.

"This is all your fault! We told you it was too much wood!" Murphy yelled at Del when he caught sight of him. Murphy stood up and practically ran in his direction.

"Get the hell away from me!" Del responded. Murphy punched Del in the face and a fight ensued. Bellamy got up and went to break up the fight.

"Hey, stop! Save it for the Grounders." Bellamy told the both of them.

"Well, now what the hell are we going to do? That was all the food!" Octavia said desperately from her place beside me. Bellamy shared a look with Clarke.

We were going to have to figure something out.
------------------------------------------------------

"Any idea what happened?" Clarke asked as she and I approached Bellamy. Bellamy was kneeling down by the remains of the fire.