"I don't think your dad likes me," Brayden commented.

Nick rolled his eyes and sat down next to him. Brayden shifted himself, knowing that Nick didn't care about squishing him. 

"Well, you can be an idiot sometimes..."

Brayden scoffed. "Yeah, thanks. Love you too, asshole."

Nicholas chuckled and rolled onto his side, facing away from the brown haired boy. When Brayden realized that he was trying to sleep, he started to whine.

"Dude, what?" Nicholas groaned. Brayden smiled. Nicholas turned his body to face him.

"I told you I needed to talk."

"Then talk. And talk fast because I'm tired as shit."

"Shelby and I are close to third base already," Brayden told him, grinning from ear to ear. When Nick didn't respond, he added, "That means sex, idiot."

Shelby and Brayden had been dating for only two weeks. Nicholas rolled his eyes, thinking that Brayden and Shelby were taking it too fast.

"I know what that means, Dumbass. Congrats," Nicholas said and closed his eyes once again. Brayden groaned and jostled Nick's shoulder with his own, shaking the other boy to regain his attention.

"What about you and Alex? You guys have surely done it."

"How many times do I have to say it?" Nicholas questioned. "Alex and I are just friends. Don't be gross."

"But you've done it, right? Not with her, I just meant in general." Nick didn't respond, and Brayden understood. "You're still a virgin?"

Nicholas turned, facing away from the other boy. "So what? Who cares?" Brayden laughed lightly. "Sue me for wanting my first time to be with someone I'm in love with. Sorry I can't just bang one out for the fun of it." 

Someone, meaning you.

" 'Bang one out' ?" Brayden scoffed playfully. 

Nicholas shrugged and tried his hardest to fall asleep. It was two in the morning and they had school in a few hours. Brayden exhaled a short breath and shook his head.

"Why aren't you talking much?"

"Because I'm trying to fucking sleep, Brayden," Nicholas said in a sharp tone. Nick felt the other boy wince at the sound, making Nick sigh. "M'sorry." He had forgotten that Brayden was sensitive to yelling...and other loud sounds.

"It's okay," Brayden whispered while laying his head down on the pillow.

"Boys!" Mrs. Holland yelled from downstairs, "I'm leaving for work!"

Nick rubbed his eyes and looked over at his alarm clock. It was almost seven. He looked over at Brayden, who was wrapped in his blankets.

"Dude, get up," Nicholas said and shook him. Brayden groaned but didn't move. "Brayden, come on."

"What would you like me to come on?" the older boy managed to say through his grogginess.

Nick made a disgusted face and stood up. He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a clean outfit for the day. Brayden stood up as well and rubbed his face.

"Mind if I shower?" Brayden asked.

"Only if I can join," Nicholas joked in a very sarcastic, deep-set voice. Brayden flipped him off but chuckled nonetheless.

"Nice try Holland but you can't get any of this." Brayden gestured down his body and Nick rolled his eyes.

"Nor do I want any of that. Go take a shower Archer."

Brayden smirked and then left the room. Nick walked over to his closet and took out a hamper that held some of Brayden's clothes, ones that Brayden had left at Nicholas's house over the years.

He set the hamper on top of the bed and waited for Brayden to finish his shower. About ten minutes later, Brayden walked back into his room with a towel wrapped around his lower half. He dug through the clothes, pulling out ones that still fit him.

Nicholas grabbed his own clothes and left to go take his own, quick shower. He walked down the hall and entered the bathroom. He turned the water on. The water spurted out of the shower-head and it was already warm.

Nicholas stripped down and kicked his dirty clothes into the corner. He opened the sliding glass door and stepped into the warm spray. He shampooed his hair and lathered his body down with soap. He rinsed it all off and then turned the knob. The water stopped and he took a few minutes to rest against the cool tiles on the wall.

As soon as he stepped out of the shower, the bathroom door swung open and Nicholas gasped. Brayden was looking down at the clothes he had in his hand.

"Do these match?" he asked and then looked up. "Oh, God." Nicholas flushed red out of embarrassment.

Brayden realized that he was staring so he covered his eyes with his clothes. He took a step back and banged into the wall. He tripped on his feet as he tried to find the exit of the bathroom without looking. Eventually, he found it and he closed the door behind him.

Nick pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

Fucking Brayden.