First: Cry Baby

Pressing her palms harder against her ears, Skylar desperately tried to block put the screams flooding throughout the house. Even though her parents rose their voices every-time they argued, she thought that she ever could. What were they arguing about now, she wondered.

Financial problems?

Or were they just having another 'Lovers' Quarrel?

Throwing over her blanket, she wrapped herself around it, huddling closer for warmth. 'Either way, this is going to be another long night....' Stray tears fell down her cheeks. She furiously wiped them away with her sleeve, but hiccups started emitting from her throat. Not so surprisingly, she realized that she was crying.

Once or twice, she considered going into her big brother's room to take refuge there. At this hour of the night, he was probably busy as well, so she decided against it. After all, tomorrow was going to be the first day of school of the Ten year-old girl.

The morning was not pleasant. During recess time, the other kids started to pick on Skylar more specifically a certain plastic daddy's girl. That was also not surprising to Skylar. Back at her old school, she did make friends. Some. Until the stabbed her in the back.

"Freak!" Chloe had called her, making her trip and all to the floor before laughing, walking off to a different direction with Sabrina. Skylar groaned, struggling to get back on her feet. The kids that passed by her snickered, not giving her a second glance. If they did, they didn't look concerned about you.

'Why should they be? I am a freak. Why can't I be normal, just like everyone else?'

Her limbs suddenly felt wobbly, and her eyes stung; oh no, she wasn't about to cry again, was she? When she was about to confirm that all hope was lost for her, someone extended an arm out to her. "Hey, are you alright?" A worried male's voice asked. Skylar looked up, and locked eyes with him. He appeared to be around her age, with beautiful blond hair and captivating emerald green eyes. He had quite a charismatic aura, and as far as Skylar could tell, it seemed like his intention was clean. Embarrassed, she clasped the hand he offered.
"I-I'm fine" she stuttered out as he helped pull her up to her feet. The boy smiled,

"I'm Adrien, by the way. Adrien Agreste. Nice to meet you."He said.

"Oh, um- n-nice to meet you. I'm--"

"Skylar Harrison, right?" Seeing her surprised expression, Adrien sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "Your dad has told us stories about you. He works with mine, you see"

Skylar nodded in understanding. Adrien continued to smile at her, sending little butterflies fluttering about her stomach. Upon spotting a flock of fan-girls marching their way, he grabbed her arm, and gently steered her away.

"Let's go talk in private, shall we?

Giggling a bit, she nodded at him again.

"Y-Yeah, sure"

They stopped by under a large tree outside the building, the with a relived sigh, Adrien turned to her. "And you're not weird. You're perfect the way you are now." He whispered, squeezing one of her shoulder lightly. She squeaked at the touch, but he pretended not to notice.
"Don't let them got to you, okay?" Before Skylar could even respond, her flushed cheeks and his raging fan-girls appeared; and luckily for them, they were saved by the bell.