Treehouse

Gotham City, one year and 2 months after the death of the Waynes
"Let's do something," Selina said to Bruce one day with a hint of complaint in her voice. The two had been lying mindlessy around the manor all day with nothing to do.
"Climb the bridge?" Bruce suggested.
Selina made a face. "Nah."
"Why don't we go on a hike?"

So an hour later they stood in front of the forest behind Bruce's house, about to dive in.
"Ready?" Bruce said, hands on his backpack straps.
"Are you?" she replied, a bit defensively.
He smiled at her, "Yeah," and began walking.
Selina paused for a moment before catching up speedily.

"How far would you like to go?" he questioned her a while later, staring at the infinite tree-filled landscape that covered the horizon.
Her reply was a simple shrug as she continued to tread down the path with quick pace. "However far it takes."
To do what? Bruce asked himself but followed along, feet dodging stones and fallen trees.
They walked far and long, disregarding the time. The crunch of dry leaves beneath their soles bacame a sort of rythm they felt deep within themselves. And the occasional chirp of a bird made Selina's head jut upward. He was always watching her from just behind.
After a while, Selina halted. Bruce paused his stride as he stood just next to her, his eyes scanning the area in front of them. His gaze eventually landed on a large, twisted oak that held, in it's branches, a rotting old treehouse.
"A treehouse," Selina stated, eying the structure.
"Let's climb it," Bruce suggested.
"Okay." She began to scale the ladder, hands and feet on creaking wooden rungs.
Bruce followed her up and emerged in a simple wooden box. Selina sat in the corner by an old chest. In the middle of the space was a dusty rug and on the left wall there was a square window.
"Well this is cozy," Selina remarked, her voice dripping with sarcasm.
"It's...nice," Bruce countered weakly and the two immediatly burst into laughter.
"What's in the chest?" Selina asked.
"Let's see," he replied, scooting over to the chest and opening it.
A cloud of dust flew into the air as Bruce examined the content. One by one he pulled out an empty metal bottle, a shattered lantern, a couple of outdated books, and a woolen blanket. Selina sorted through the meaningless objects, flipping theough pages in the books and gazing into the water bottle. Bruce picked up the thick blanket and offerred it to her. "Are you cold?"
She let out a breathy laugh. "No."
He matched her laugh-like smile and wrapped the blanket around himself. "Your loss."
But when he sat against the wall and looked out the window at the setting sun, Selina felt a strange twist of sadness, and slithered over to him. They curled up together underneath the woolen blanket and watched night descend.