Magic Bullet

"Alpha," I say. "Its called an alpha."

"I know," my dad says. "That's why we came back to Beacon Hills, to find this thing."

"Do you think we'll be able to see who it is?" I ask.

"I honestly have no clue. Could be anyone."

"We have to find it...."

"We will, now come on. Your aunt seems to have gotten into trouble."

I completely forgot my aunt Kate was coming to town. I didn't exactly want to pick her up either.

Apparently my dad read my mind because he said, "it's werewolf hunting business."

I grab my jacket and we go to get in dad's car.

Allison was sitting in a chair when we were heading to the door.

"What's going on?" She asks us.

"Your any l aunt Kate just texted, I'm heading out to pick her up."

"But it's 2:00 in the morning. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah she's just having a little car trouble."

"Not anything serious, is it?"

"No just a flat tire. Go- go back to sleep sweetheart."

We start driving and my dad starts going through a back alley.

After a little while of driving we stop and see my aunt. She was holding a gun.

"Alright, you can get out," my dad says.

We get out of the car and my aunt makes her way over to me. I couldn't help smelling blood.

"Hey sweetie, how's training?"

"Haven't started."

"Get in," my dad says.

"Not even "hello," "nice to see you."

"All I've got at the moment is "please put the assault rifle away before someone notices."" My dad retortes.

"That's the brother I love. Chris, there were two of 'em." My aunt says.

"The Alpha?" I ask.

"I don't know, but one of them tried to kill me -"

"One of them is gonna lead us to the other. He can't do that if he's dead." My father says

"Well, I can't help kill either of them if one of them kills me first."

"How long will it take?"

"Give him 48 hours - If that."

"Hey, can I go look down the alley?" I ask.

They both give me a strange look.

Finally my dad answers, "yeah, but be careful."

I walk slowly to where I smell the blood. That's when I see him. Lying on the ground holding his shot wound.

I back up quickly hoping to god he didn't see me.

___

The next morning I wake up to my sister and aunt doing their usual greeting- screaming at the top if their lungs.

I quickly get up, get ready, and leave for school without anybody noticing.

After free period I go to Jackson's locker. That's when a dead looking Derek shows up.

"Where's Scott McCall?" Derek asks as soon as he's at Jackson's locker.

"Why should I tell you?" Jackson says.

"Because I asked you politely, and I only do that once."

"Hmm. Okay, tough guy. You know, how about I help you find him if you tell me what you're selling him? What is it? Is it, uh, Dianabol? Hmm? HGH?"

"Steroids?"

"No, girl scout cookies. What the hell do you think I'm talking about? Oh, and, uh, by the way, whatever it is you're out selling, I'd probably stop sampling the merchandise. You look wrecked."

"I'll find him myself."

"No, we're not done -"

Derek starts walking but Jackson grabs Derek which cause Derek to push Jackson up against the wall of locker stabing his neck with his claws.

He walks away and I tend to Jackson before going to help Derek.

Derek collapses in a corner and stands still with concentration on his face. Next the bell rings and he holds his hands over his ears and freaks out a little.

Soon, he starts walking towards the door and I have to run to catch up.

"Derek?"

Derek pushes through the doors and walks towards Stiles's jeep. He walks out in front of it causing Stiles to jerk on his breaks. Derek holds up a hand and then he collapses to the ground.

"Derek?" I run to help him.

Soon Scott shows up after Stiles gets out of his jeep. There was continuous honking of cars behind us.

"What the hell? What are you doing here?"

"I was.."

"He's not looking so good, dude." Stiles tells Scott.

"Why aren't you healing?" I ask.

"I can't. It was - it was a different kind of bullet."

"A silver bullet?" Stiles asks.

"No, you idiot."

"Wait, wait. That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours."

"What? Who - who said 48 hours?" Derek asks.

"The one who shot you." Soon Derek's eyes glow his bright deep blue. "What are you doing? Stop that!" Scott says back.

"I'm trying to tell you, I can't!"

"Derek, get up!"

Scott turns to Stiles, "Help me to put him in your car."

I go home without helping. I was supposed to be home already. My aunt, dad, and I were supposed to talk about training and here I was still at school.

I get in my car and practically speed home.

"Hey," I say walking into the house.

"You're late," my aunt says back.

"Just come on, we've got a lot to talk about," my dad says grabbing his keys.

We all get in my dad's red Tahoe and we head to some kind of underground cell. There was a chain link fence and a number of weapons.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"This is were we keep werewolves," my aunt says.

"This is were she keeps werewolves. I don't capture them."

Why not?" I ask my dad.

"It's part of his code," my aunt rolls her eyes.

"The code its not mine its the code."

"What's the code?"

"We hunt those who hunt us, but we don't kill them."

"So you've never killed a werewolf."

"Nope," my aunt says.

"We should go to the grocery store. We need some food for tonight."

___

As soon as we get home we start unpacking the groceries.

My dad goes into put something in the garage, leaving me and my aunt Kate outside.

"Hey, Chris! Get your ass out of the '50s and come help with the groceries."

"Be right there!"

Soon my dad walks outside with Allison... followed by... Scott?