Going back to the woods

"So what's your name?" I ask the strawberry blonde as we walk to the lacrosse field.

"Lydia, and what's your name?"

"I'm Abigail and this is Allison," I say.

We get to the field and sit on the benches.

"Who is that?" Allison asks Lydia motioning to one of the players who is practicing as goalie. I recognize him as the guy that handed her a pen in English.

"Him?" Lydia asks. "I'm not sure who he is. Why?"

"He's in our English class," Allison says.

The whistle blows and the guys start practicing. A guy hits the goalie in the helment with the ball.

The ball gets passed around a couple of times then someone goes to make a goal, but the goalie catches it. This repeats a few times, and he's amazing probably one of the best players.

"He seems like he's pretty good," Allison says.

"Oh very good," Lydia says with a confused face.

Jackson steps up and starts to run towards the goalie. Then Jackson tosses the ball towards the goalie. Just when I think he's about to make it the goalie catches the ball. Everyone jumps up cheering the goalie on.

Allison drives us home. I was supposed to get my car back in the middle of the day, but I think my mom and dad are hoping me and Allison are having quality sister time.

We walk in the house and go sit down on the couch. Our parents weren't home so we could pretty much do anything we want. We decided to talk.

"So the goalie was pretty cute," Allison says.

"I thought you said no boys till college," I say cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeah," she said. "But he seems different."

"His name is Scott by the way."

"Hm.... Scott."

I look away. "Can we not talk about boys. I kind of need to tell you something."

"What is it?" She asks.

"Okay so that night when my car ran out of gas, I tried calling dad but I wasn't getting any signal so I went into the woods. Well I saw this creature, and it charged towards me and bit me."

"Do you still have the mark?" Allison asks.

"That's the thing." I lift my shirt up a little and show the bite mark, but its not there.

"Where is it?"

"It was right there," I say pointing at my side.

"But I don't see anything."

"Thats the thing. Its like it healed or something."

Allison just gives me a strange look.

"I gotta go," she says. Just like that she runs out the door, starts her car, and drives away.

___

I decide to borrow my mom's car when she gets home. I need to have some alone time to figure this whole bite mark out.

I drive to the woods so I can find any clues that I missed on where I can find the animal that bit me.

I park and walk into the woods with my flashlight.

Nothing. I can't find anything related to the night I was here.

Soon I hear someone behind me.

I turn around and see a tall man, with dark hair, green eyes, and a leather jacket.

"What are you doing? This is private property."

"Um, I was just looking for clues."

"What are you talking about? Clues from what?"

"Nothing, never mind there's obviously nothing here."

Just like that I go home.

When I walk in the door my mom and dad were sitting in the living room.

"Where were you?" My dad asks.

"Um, a friend was showing me around," I lie.

My dad stares at me for a while then finally let's me go up to my room and get ready for bed.

I shower and then I go to sleep.