Chapter 36

I woke up to a bright light. It was sunlight. And I wasn't on the couch. I was in a bed. A familiar bed. Simon's bed. I squinted my eyes open to be met with an empty room. I had went to sleep on the couch. My prosthetic was leaning against the wall next to the bed and I grabbed it and put it on quickly. The house was quiet. I walked quietly and went to the bathroom. I used the toilet and brushed my teeth and fixed my messy bun before walking quickly downstairs. I went to the kitchen first and grabbed a bottle of water before poking my head in the living room. Simon was asleep on the couch. I sighed to myself. I walked over to him quietly, giving him a small shake when I reached him. He barely opened his eyes, but groaned in response. "Simon, you can go to your own bed. Why did you bring me up there anyways? I would've been just fine on the couch." I said, smiling down at him. His eyes were barely opened, but still sparkled with the fresh morning light. He mumbled something that I couldn't quite understand. "Do what?" I asked, leaning closer to him. "You're pregnant, you're not sleeping on the couch." He said, audible this time. His morning voice still got to me, after all of these early-morning-talks with him. "Well I'm awake now, so go get in your own bed." I said. He shook his head, pulling his blanket up to his chin. I sighed. "Fine. What do you want for breakfast?" I asked him. His eyes opened slightly wider. "Waffles." He said, his voice still quiet. I nodded, standing up straight again. "Mackenzie." He said before I walked completely out of the room. I turned back around, my eyebrow raised. He was more awake now, and staring at me. "I love you." He said. I felt my heart flutter, and a smile tugged at my lips. "Yeah, yeah." I said, retuning on my way to the kitchen. Just because I was still in love with Simon, didn't mean he needed to know.

"Good morning." I heard someone say from the doorway. I had just finished the last waffle. I turned around to see Vik. "Morning. Where's Elizabeth?" I asked. "Showering." He mumbled. I nodded. "You sleep good on the couch?" He asked. He felt guilty about me having the couch while Elizabeth was here, he just didn't want to admit it. "Well, I actually woke up in Simon's bed this morning and he slept on the couch. I don't know what time he took me in there though." I said. "Did I hear my name?" Simon asked, walking through the door shirtless. Damn. I felt my face go hot, so I got back to placing waffles on plates. "Yeah. What time did you take her to your room?" Vik answered him. "Like midnight. I don't know." He said. I placed the plates on the counter, keeping one for me. "Hey, do you guys want to record some Cards Against Humanity later? I've been wanting to play that." Simon asked next. I looked up and he was sitting at the island, beginning to eat already. "I'm down." I shrugged, sitting down. "I'm taking Elizabeth around town." Vik said. "Want me to go with you?" I asked. "You don't want to record with me?" Simon asked, faking a hurt look. "I do, but Elizabeth might want another girl with you guys, but never mind." I said, glaring at Simon. He smirked. "Nah. She'll be okay." Vik said. "I don't think she likes me." I said next, taking a drink of my water. "Me neither. When I introduced myself yesterday, she didn't even shake my hand." Simon agreed. "She's just shy." Vik shrugged. "How old is she?" I asked. "Fifteen." He answered. "Good morning, guys." Josh's voice came from the doorway. "Waffles!" He said excitedly, grabbing a plate quickly. "You good to record after this?" Simon asked him. Josh nodded, his mouth full. "Good morning." A soft voice came from the doorway. We all looked over to see Elizabeth, her long hair was curly from being wet. I smiled at her. "Help yourself to some waffles." I said, sliding the last plate closer to her. She smiled, walking over to sit between Vik and I. "So, Elizabeth what do you like to do for fun?" Simon asked her. She wouldn't look at him, but actually spoke. "I like to read and write stories. Sometimes I draw." She shrugged. He nodded, even though she still wasn't looking. "How was my room?" I asked, lightly nudging her with my elbow. She looked up slightly. "The bed is super comfy. And it's really pretty. Thank you for letting me stay there." She said. "That's alright." I said softly. "Well she's not the one sleeping on the couch." Simon said. "You didn't have to take me to your room." I said. "Yeah I did. Josh made me." He smirked. Josh looked up from his plate at the sound of his name, confused. "No I didn't." He said, shaking his head. Simon's face went a little redder than it already was. "I mean, yeah. Yeah I did. I remember now." Josh said, catching on to what Simon was doing. "You are the worst liar." I told Josh. "That's a good thing." He said smugly. "We are so dysfunctional." Vik spoke up. He was staring at us, shaking his head. "We put the FUN in dysfunction." I said, winking at no one in particular. He chuckled, shaking his head again. We may be dysfunctional, but we all still love each other. And that's what counts.

A/N
I know that some of you have tagged me in those little Q&A things and I'm just going to say that I probably won't do it, but I do read yours and it's very interesting. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone but I'm not an interesting person at all and will give the most boring answers ever. So, sorry about that. I hope you all have/had had an awesome day!

See ya! x