Chapter 11

Trying to walk with a prosthetic leg takes a while to get used to. It feels like trying to walk with your leg asleep, where you have to shift your weight a certain way so your knee will bend. I was currently just trying to get used to it. Only Cal has seen it so far. The heavy door opened and I looked up from the ground. A very buff guy with two prosthetic legs walked in. He had a dog tag around his neck that made him look even more buff. He held out a strong hand for me to shake. "I'm John." He said. He had an American accent. I gave him a small smile. "Mackenzie." I said, nodding. He was my height, so I could easily look into his eyes. "I'm here to help you get used to it. Kind of like a physical therapist. I was in the U.S. Navy, now I work here." He said, smiling. I nodded slowly. "So let's start with just walking around the room a little then we will try running and other stuff like jumping and kicking stuff." He said. The thought of running and jumping with this thing seemed impossible, being as I can barely walk now. But, nonetheless, we practiced. We spent about half an hour just walking around the room. We walked until I could walk without holding my hands out, trying to balance myself. Then we started walking out towards the waiting room. Cal gave my hand a small squeeze. "Your brother?" John asked. "Yeah." I nodded. He smiled. "You two look almost identical." He said then turned back around to open the door to the waiting room. I was nervous for the other guys to see me, especially Simon. But that's just stupid for me to be nervous, right? I mean they're my family. When he opened the door and stepped out, holding it for me, I forced a smile on my face and looked at the guys who were all just staring at me. I guess it was pretty strange to look at me like this, especially for them. Simon was the first to stand up and everyone else followed him over. "Boyfriend." John said, nodding to himself. I nodded in response as Simon reached out for my other hand. He kissed my head slightly and then looked at John. "You got yourself quite a group here." John said, looking around. "Yeah. Guys, this is John. John, this is Simon. Josh. Tobi. Ethan. JJ. Harry. Vik. And you know Cal." I introduced them. They all gave a small wave. John nodded to all of them and turned to me. He motioned for me to follow him. We all followed him to a treadmill. I bit my lip nervously. I was definitely about to fall on my face. After about an hour of me going from walking to jogging to sprinting and back to walking, I was exhausted. "God I'm out of shape." I said, leaning on the handlebars. I heard John chuckle beside me, because that's who I was really listening to. Running and jogging wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. "Now you can go for those runs!" Harry said, walking in front of me. "Shut up." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. "Well, Mackenzie, I think we are done here for today. You've done an excellent job." John said, helping me off of the treadmill. I smiled, thankful I could go home. "Are your parents here? Because they have to sign you out." He said, scanning the room. Josh stepped up. "I'm her dad." He said. John just stared at him, obviously not believing him. "Adoptive dad." Tobi corrected him, showing up beside Josh. John nodded. Josh went to sign me out and Simon appeared by my side and put his arm over my shoulders. "Ready to film that video?" He asked. I bit my lip again. "Nope." I admitted. "Stop biting your lip." Vik said. I stopped, but not because I wanted to. "Can we call you Cyborg?" Ethan asked. Cal pushed him, narrowing his eyes at him. "No, you twat." JJ answered for me. Ethan laughed. "I was joking guys. Calm down." He said. I forced a smile so he didn't think he hurt my feelings, but he did slightly. I know he was joking, but that is just something you don't joke about. "Ready to go?" Josh came back, scratching the back of his neck. I nodded quickly. John handed me a slip of paper that was folded. "If you need me, call me." He said. "Thanks." I said, putting it in my pocket. He nodded in response and turned on his heel and walked away. I sighed. "Shall we?" Simon asked, holding a hand out towards the door. I smiled. "We shall."

We were on our way to the football pitch to record. I had spent most of the night walking up and down the stairs and attempting, and failing, to ride a swegway. I even managed to do a few keepy ups successfully. "Mackenzie Renae, if you don't stop biting your lip I'm going to get you a shock collar." Josh said, glaring at me in the rearview mirror. I sighed to myself and stared out the window. JJ was in the front passenger seat and Simon was beside me in the back, Harry was on the other side of him since he was the only volunteer to ride with us. "Are we there yet?" Harry asked, grabbing the headrest of the seat in front of him. "Actually....yes." Josh said, pulling into a parking lot. My stomach twisted again, I wasn't ready to make this announcement. But still, I found myself setting up the tripod ten minutes later as the guys ran around behind me, kicking the ball around. "Guys! Get ready for the intro!" I yelled, walking behind the camera to turn it on. They all gathered around behind me in a group. I pressed the record button and walked back in front of it, but not far away enough so my legs were in the shot. "Hey guys! So, I have a little bit of an announcement to make. Everyone knows how Simon and I were in a car accident about a month ago, but what you didn't know is that I was turned into a robot." I said. I turned around and walked towards the guys, letting my legs get into the shot. I kept my head down. I turned back around to the camera. "So, yeah. I have a robot leg now and we are going to do just a crossbar challenge and I'm probably going to suck because I haven't kicked anything with it yet, so let's just see how it goes." I said. And then we started the challenge like it was a normal video. As expected, I couldn't kick the ball for anything. I came close twice, but never actually hit it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, kicking the ball. Maybe getting used to my new leg wouldn't be as hard as I thought. So far, it's been actually really easy.

A/N
Sorry for no update yesterday! I was super busy. I've decided to change this story back to DAILY uploads because uploading it every other day just messes with my schedule and I don't like it. So expect an update for this story everyday! For my Lachlan fanfiction, updates will continue every other day! Anyways, I hope you all have/had an amazing day!

See ya! x