Sam Winchester x Male Reader The Friend Part 2

"Dean! Dean where's Sam?" Dean stumbled out of the forest, still looking behind him. The demons following him had vanished completely.
"He fell behind. I lost sight of him. Those demons are doing some seriously fucked up stuff back in the forest. Think we're going to need Cas for this one." Bobby looked over Dean's shoulder and into the forest.
"No need." Bobby pointed to the forest with his shotgun and Dean, prepared for the worst, turned around. The man they had seen with the demons had his brother in his arms. (Y/n) put Sam down gently down on the cold forest floor and walked away. Dean scrambled to his brother instantly checking for a pulse.
"He's good, but we still need Castiel. Something isn't right about any of this." Bobby said nothing when he helped Dean carry Sam into the Impala.
"It's been hard enough on Sam dealing with what he did when he was soulless, let him rest for a while Dean." Dean looked at Sam through the car window, this was one of the first times Sam looked at peace, he was sleeping not screaming and thrashing like he usually does.

It had been months since Sam had seen the person from the forest, or any of the demons. Life carried on though, he was still forever lonely with his nose stuck in a book, been shunned by his brother and cautioned upon by Bobby. But just because Sam needed a rest didn't mean the demons did. He and his brother were on there way to a so called haunted house in a small town in California. When they arrived locals had warned them to stay away or to only go during the day but Dean said that takes the fun out of hunting. They pulled up to the house, it was nothing spectacular but something about the house seemed off. No one had lived there for about twelve years.
"You good?" Dean asked.
"Yeah you?" Sam replied.
"Perfect. Alright let's find out if this place is haunted and dig up the bones and burn the shit out of it." Sam nodded, got slowly out of the impala and went to the front door. Dean broke the door down, raised his gun and went in. Sam followed shortly.
"I'll check outside see if there are any clues, I'll call you if I need you." Sam nodded again and made his way upstairs with his gun raised. The floorboards squeaked beneath his feet, it was dim and Sam found himself squinting to see where he was going. He walked towards the first of four doors, opening the door he went inside. It was nothing spectacular, it was used as a library but the books where scattered all over and covered in a thick layer of dust.
"Sam!" Dean must've come into the house, he walked back towards the stairs. Out of the darkness a hand grabbed him around the waist and the other covered his mouth. Sam panicked when he felt hot breath tickling his ear.
"I heard it too." The stranger sounded familiar, his panic hit the roof when he felt himself been dragged back into the room. The stranger turned him around and pointed to his brother that was still outside looking for clues. Sam, wide eyed turned around to the stranger which he recognized as the man from the forest, and spoke under his breath.
"Then what the hell is that down stairs?" The floorboard creaked in a part of the room that neither of them were standing.
"Hold on to me!" He yelled and Sam grabbed onto the mans jacket. (Y/n) wrapped his arms around Sam and vanished into thin air. Dean felt his heart stop when Sam appeared in front of him.
"What the hell Sam?"
"Who's bright idea was it to come here at night?" (Y/n) yelled at the both.
"Who the hell are you?" Dean yelled back.
"None of your concern Dean," (Y/n) spat back before continuing "do you ever think before you go barging into to somewhere. I thought the villagers warning would have been enough. If I hadn't have been there, sam would be dead just like the others. A word to wise Dean do your homework before you come to this house again because it is smarter than you think." (Y/n) scowled at Dean but when Dean looked over his shoulder and saw it in the window of the house starring at them, he understood why this stranger was so pissed off.
"Given the current situation of none of your angels been available I will help you find the bones of that thing and burn them. I suggest for the night however we stay away from this village." Dean nodded and walked of to the car. (Y/n) went to Sam who was still starring at the window. He slipped his hand into Sam's and tugged him away and followed were Dean had gone. He released his hand from Sam's.
"How long was it standing behind us?" Sam asked still pale in the face.
"Don't Sam, don't do this to yourself, you don't need to know."
"Why didn't you come back after the forest?"
"I was been hunted by Sol and his demons, it was too dangerous for me to come and find you." Sam nodded in understanding.
"Did you read the book I left you?"
Flashback to the forest
"Why have you let yourself get this low Sam?" The stranger asked.
"He looks at me in disgust when I come back after killing a demon with blood dripping from my mouth." (Y/n) frowned at him, but in a way he saw himself at stage in his getting so low that it would take months to recover. He bit his wrist and kneeled down next to Sam and let him drink his blood. It was rich and smooth, Sam helplessly drank until (Y/n) pulled his arm back.
"Read this when you feel low, it'll help." He passed Sam an old book from his holding in his jacket. Sam took but was confused.
"I'm older and far lonelier than you think I had to do something when I wasn't doing anything." Sam smiled and gladly took the book. He felt his head droop to the ground out of tiredness.
"Come on your brother will be worried."
"Will I see you again?"
"One day perhaps." Sam couldn't wait for that one day. After (Y/n) had regained his breath from running and carrying Sam at the same time, he picked him up slowly and continued to walk." Sam had fallen back into unconsciousness but gripping onto his journal like a life line.
Back to present time
"How old are you exactly?" (Y/n) chuckled slightly.
"Old enough." Sam had asked as the journal he had read was dated from as far back as 1756.
"Well if we are going to be working together can we at least know your name?"
"My name...its (Y/n)"

~To be continued~