Meeting the Family

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Heimdall. I think you know Hela, my niece." Hela slowly raised her eyes to meet with Heimdall's and she gave him a small smile, of which he returned. He nodded to her.

"Of course, welcome back to you as well, Hela." His deep voice caught her off guard but she grinned nonetheless.

Laughing, Thor led Hela out of the dome, only to have her stop and gasp. They were standing on what looked like a bridge made of a rainbow. The ground made a beautiful clink every time Hela stepped on it. Around her was beautiful skies and space. It seemed never ending. It probably was never ending.

Hela's eyes drifted to Asgard itself and she smiled. It was everything she'd imagined and more. The water was so clear and clean that it looked completely pure. The city itself was magnificent. "Uncle," she breathed.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" he said, laughing, "Come, there are people that wish to meet you." He then pulled her toward a large, white horse. Thor climbed on and then helped Hela on, and soon she was hanging on for dear life.

Soon she was enjoying the ride almost as much as she was watching the ground go by. The colors and lights flew by and the beautiful clinking sound was still very much present. Hela laughed and watching the rainbow bridge fly by.

Once they made it to the end, Thor stopped and helped her climb off. At that moment four people ran up to them. Three were men, all dressed in strange clothes, and the fourth was a young woman. All of them carried weapons, and all of them had their eyes on Hela.

"My friends, it is good to see you again," Thor stated as the largest man walked up and hugged him. Hela took a step back.

"What took you so long?" asked another. He looked like a bit of a charmer, with blondish hair and a crooked smile. Thor looked at Hela and laid his hand on her back, pushing her gently forward.

For a moment, the four were silent. Then a grin spread across the large one's face and he let out a laugh. "I'm guessing this is Hela," he stated, reaching out and pulling her into a bone crushing hug. Hela went stiff but said nothing, a slight smile on her face.

"Now, Volstagg, don't crush the poor child," said the blond one. Volstagg released her just as the man held his hand out to shake Hela's. "The name is Fandral," he stated, taking her hand gently and shaking it.

"Nice to meet you both," Hela murmured, releasing his hand.

The third man, one with a grim face set permanently on his features, bowed. "Hogun," Hogun said, and offered what could have been a smile. Hela bowed just as he had and smiled politely.

The woman of the group offered a smile and held out her hand. "My name is Sif," she said, and Hela slowly took her hand to shake it.

Once she'd released her hand, Hela took a step back from everyone and stepped beside her uncle. Thor grinned.

"Well, let's all head for the palace, shall we? I'm sure Father and Mother would love to meet their granddaughter."

The walk toward the palace was a long yet pleasant one. Hela spent most of the trip looking around, eyes wide with fascination. The rest of it was spent talking to their new companions.

"So, how old are you exactly, Hela?" Volstagg asked. Hela looked up at the large man and offered a polite smile.

'I'm seven. Nearly eight though," she added quickly. The man smiled some and nodded his head. "Ever get in trouble back on Midgard?"

Thor scoffed and sent them a grin. "When isn't she in trouble?" Hela grinned innocently and laughed some.

"Ah, so just like her-"