Forever or Never: 20

As Igor made his way out of the room, he could still hear Victor shouting out to him to get Gordon, and most importantly: don't let him escape. If he got out into the city, Lord only knew what he was going to get up to.

Pushing double doors open, Igor made his way down plain corridors with many rooms, no one seemed to come out and see what the commotion was, maybe the occupants had already gone home. After all, the day was getting on and it was surely early evening by now.

Shaking his head, Igor did a sharp turn and reached the stairs, he glanced over the banister and saw a faint spark of something. Pressing his lips into a thin line he took to walking down the stairs as quickly as he could in hopes of finding where the sparking form of Gordon was.

Turning a corner when he reached the level he saw the last spark, he turned and walked slowly down the corridor he was now in. It was dark and eerily quiet. The dark was the sort of dark where things could only just be seen through the gloom.

Yet despite of this, Igor pressed forwards. He reached another set of double doors and pushed them open gently. He was on high alert for something to come jumping out at him. Yet as he looked around the surgical room, there was nothing.

The night beyond the window was rainy, thundering, lightening and dismal. It did little to lighten his mood at all with what he was having to do.

He pressed forwards into the room, nearing a cabinet which had a skeleton and partial preserved organs still within, Igor looked it up and down and sharply turned when there was a noise behind him, followed by a spark of light.

His breath hitched quietly, yet he slowly turned and moved towards the noise. His footsteps were near on silent against the floor. If Gordon was present, he didn't want to alert him more than he already had, or rather spook him.

Though to be fair, Gordon had more chance of spooking Igor than the other way around.

And that's exactly what happened. Igor reached a shelving unit of bottles and containers, and before he got too distracted by some of the contents, a dark furred figure came screaming from behind the unit and launched himself against Igor.

He fell down onto the floor hard, he yelled and wiggled against the sparking creature on him. He managed to roll and push Gordon off of himself. "Stop! Stop!" Igor repeated while the sparking creature leapt off of him and ran off in a trail of small flashing lights.

Igor stood, slowly, catching his breath he looked down at the mess which had been made. Broken glass was mainly what scattered the ground. Igor looked at himself, he didn't seem to be cut, that he knew of. But he was so driven by adrenaline and fear that even if he was hurt, he doubted he would even feel it.

Looking at the trailing wires at his feet, Igor watched as they were dragged forwards, he followed and turned out of the room. Another room was at the other end of this small corridor, light was filtering through the curtained windows, and on the floor; Gordon was making his slow, sluggish way towards it. He was letting out quiet growling noises and huffed breaths. At any other time, Igor would've sworn he was curious.

Yet as he called out to him quietly not to go to the room, the creature turned with minor blind vision and halted all movement. It was chilling, something so animated and fast to suddenly fall dead still and fixed all its attention solely on him.

Igor's eyes widened slowly, he took a slow step back, not liking the way Gordon was eyeing him up.

It was silent in the corridor until Gordon let out a deep throated growl and bolted forwards, all the strength that was bottled up in his hind legs vaulted him forwards at such a speed that he easily cleared three or more paces before Igor had even turned and ran.

And run he did. Igor picked up his feet and ran as fast as he could towards the other end of the corridor, completely bypassing the room the two of them had just come tumbling out of.

The double doors were within sight, and that's precisely when Igor felt a heavy weight suddenly latch onto his back. The sudden attack, and weight, caused him to pitch forwards. Only faltering forwards caused him to slam into the banister.

The breath from his lungs left him as he let out a pained noise. Yet the momentum from Gordon's attack caused him to continue moving forwards. Soon Igor found himself flipping over the side of the banister with Gordon still attached to him.

The grip around his leg was steadfast, and no matter how much Igor wiggled, Gordon would not let go. He continued to scream and growl up at him as he struggled to keep his grip on the banister. He looked with wide eyes upwards, panicking slightly he didn't know what to do. If they both fell from this height they'd surely die, well, he would die and Gordon would die again for the...he didn't know how many times.

Hearing the double doors slam open, Igor looked hopefully up at Victor, he charged forwards and started to try and help. Igor sent him an incredulous look, "Help me, not him!" He shouted when Victor had seemed to naturally try and aid Gordon, he even had the nerve to ask Igor what he had done to him.

Gordon was the one which ran and barrelled into glass and wires, Igor didn't push him.

Eventually though Victor got his wish and pulled Gordon free of Igor, him climbing up Igor had proved to be useful, yet as soon as Victor had managed to get Gordon, did he then fall backwards; his head hit against the wall as Gordon scrambled and clambered at him, all the time screaming and growling.

In the background Igor had managed to haul himself up, he gripped onto the banister and watched the struggle. "Victor, we have to kill him!" He shouted while struggling up more.

Gordon got free of Victor's grasp and made a charge for Igor, only to be pulled back by the wires. Gordon's footing slipped and with one irritated look sent in Igor's direction, Victor commenced raining blows from a fire extinguisher down on Gordon's head. It took four more for the creature to stop moving and lay bleeding heavily.

Victor didn't exactly aid Igor up, but he expected aid in getting Gordon away.

Reaching the entrance, they weren't too surprised to see Mercy, Lorelei had seemingly gone. Having been reassured that Mercy would get in contact if anything was wrong, she let her be.

She eyed up the form they were carrying, all wrapped up in thick heavy material. "Well-"

"Go home, Mercy." Victor said in a rather emotionless tone as they neared.

"But-"

"Go home, Mercy!" He more or less shouted at her, with people passing in the street looking at the three of them with guarded shocked faces, some even looked with disapproval.

Mercy's expression clearly tried not to turn to one of heartbreak sadness, but it didn't exactly work. Her eyes watered and she turned and walked off without so much as a farewell. It wasn't her fault that his presentation went to Hell. Nor was it fair that he was deciding to take some of his anger out on her. She did admittedly feel sorry for Igor, having to live with Victor he was sure to be the one to get the backlash the most.