s i x t e e n

Luke woke up the next morning on the floor. For a few moments, he forgot where he was. But then he remembered the events from the night before. So he sat up and craned his neck up to see a sleeping Arabella.

He stood up quietly to peek at her, just to make sure she was sound asleep before he did anything else. He couldn't help but feel a bit creepy as he examined her. It is a bit weird to watch someone whilst they're asleep.

So he stood there for a few seconds just to make sure.

Her eyelashes fluttered as she slept soundly, dreaming of who knows what.

It was a Saturday morning, and he was so thankful that he had the day off, because it meant that he wouldn't have to drag himself away from her right away.

He crawled back onto the floor and laid himself down again and stayed in that position for an hour before his stomach began to growl, signalling him that it was time for breakfast. But he made no motion to wake her, because he admired how beautiful she was when she was asleep, and he didn't want to bother her.

So he made his way downstairs, the aroma of bacon and eggs filled the whole house, which meant that his mom was awake and cooking breakfast for him.

"Good Morning mum," He greeted, hugging her as he grabbed a strip of bacon, which burnt his fingers because it was fresh out of the pan. "Sleep well, sweetheart?" She questioned, a slight smirk on her face.

"The best sleep I've had in years, yes," Luke beamed, stuffing the strip into his mouth after he blew on it several times.

"How about Bella, did she sleep good too?" Liz asked, pulling out plates from the cupboard.

"I think she did, but I didn't want to wake her so-" He smiled, stopping mid-sentence. "Wait, how did you know,"

"I know a lot of things, Lukey," She answered simply.

"Mum, I think I like her." He blurted out, leaning his chin onto his palm. "That's okay, Lukey. I know you do."

"How do you know? I didn't even know, until last night!" He exclaimed, furrowing his brows. "I see the way you look at her," She explained. "It's in your eyes, son."

"Also, I don't think you just like her. But you'll come to your senses soon enough."

"And like I said, I know a lot of things." She added, a smile echted onto her face.

"Jesus, woman, you do." He said, a hand running through his bed head hair.

"Luke Robert Hemmings, you do not call me 'woman', I am your mother." She scolded, swatting his hands away from the plate of bacon.

"Women."

-

Arabella woke up around mid-afternoon. Luke didn't bother waking her up at all, and just let her do it on her own.

She was quiet as she lay in bed, waiting for him to finish making her lunch.

She wasn't very hungry, so he made her a sandwich, also because that was the only food he was capable of making without burning the entire house down, or poisoning anyone.

"It's gourmet." He joked, handing her a plate with two star-shaped sandwiches placed onto them. Or at least they were somewhat star-shaped.

"Is this what your interpretation of a star looks like?" She questioned before taking a bite out of it. "Hey, at least I tried."

He sat across from her, watching her contently as she ate the peanut butter sandwiches.

"Aren't your parents going to wonder where you are?" He asked. "Doesn't matter," She said as she finished the sandwich.

"So, I'm super behind in calc." She groaned. "Can you help me out?"

"Yeah," Luke shrugged nonchalantly. Math was his favorite subject, and all of it was easy-peasy for him. It was like doing problems on a calculator except that calculator was his brain.

"All this stuff has just been preventing me from doing fine in anything, so you'll need to help me with like, everything." Arabella moaned, shoving the plate onto the bedside table.

"I get it. It's no problem, I need the practice anyway, with everything that's been going on." He shrugged, referring to college apps, applying for SATs, having to maintain his grades, band practice, and everything in between.

"Have you decided where you're applying yet?" He questioned, looking over to her.

The thought of applying to colleges put a huge burden onto Luke's shoulders. He knew he had a chance of getting into some colleges, but he just didn't know where he wanted to go because he knew that once he chose that college and whatever major, he was basically set for the rest of his life. Unless he did something like dropping out of school to become world-famous and tour in many countries.

But he knew the chances of that ever happening were slim, so he stuck with the first option: go to school, get a degree, a job, maybe get married (if he ever found someone who would) and have kids. And maybe in between, the band could still be a pastime, if the four ever reunited.

Arabella shrugged, "Nope. I need to get used to the system before I even think about applying. Still trying to figure this whole thing out."

"You know, the mess that is my life." She sighed loudly. "Plus, my endgame isn't necessarily my choice. My parents decide everything for me since it's their money. How do you think I ended up here?"

"You walked here." Luke huffed. "No, you idiot, I meant here in this place. This country," She hissed.

"Well, you're going to have to talk to them soon, Bells. Tell them how you feel, cause you can't run away forever, you know?" He explained, crawling next to her.

"Luke, listen. Just don't tell me what to do if you don't even know what I'm going through. Yeah, you get the gist of it, but you just don't know." She snapped.

"Look, Bella, I know-" He protested, cut off. "I could run away and never come back if I wanted to." She interrupted, standing up.

"No, Arabella, don't le-" He pleaded, grabbing her wrist.

"Just watch me."

And with that, she disappeared out the door.

-

Why is this 100% real cheese(y)

the ending at least

3/15/17
slow updates lol srry

-H.