t h r e e

Luke spent the rest of the night at band practice with the guys.

He was annoyed, mostly with himself, because he just couldn't the fact that he was a giant dork with a giant dick but that was just his opinion.

"I can't believe you hit Arabella Spencer in the forehead with your goddamn locker," Michael laughed, "Could you be any more careful? You might ruin her face."

"Well, technically it's her fault, she shouldn't have been standing there in the first place." Luke grumbled in objection. "And at least I talked to her." He admitted proudly.

"Talk to her? Bullshit," Calum objected, "You can barely even talk to Mrs. Andersen. And she's an old lady."

Luke rolled his eyes, throwing a pillow in Calum's direction.

"Well, I got her number, so take that, losers." Ashton chirped, his smile wide. "How the hell did you get her number?" Michael yelled in astonishment. Ashton shrugged, a smug look on his face.

Luke groaned loudly in annoyance, burying his face into the sofa cushions.

"Unlike some people, I have game." Ashton boasted. "Ashton, the only game you have is Mario Kart 64," Luke argued, lifting his head up. "And that game isn't even good."

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm gonna ask her out, so have fun playing Scrabble with your mommy tomorrow night."

-

Luke was not a morning person at all, so when his mom woke him up for school on Monday, like she always did, he was not happy at all

Well, technically he was kind of happy, because going to school meant that he could try to talk to Arabella, but he wouldn't admit that.

"Luke, sweetheart, your lunch is on the counter," His mom, Liz, shouted at the bottom of the staircase. "I'm heading out to work!"

"Yeah, thanks mum! Love you!" He replied from his room.

He was still half asleep, though, since he spent the whole night stalking Arabella on social media. But he wouldn't admit that either.

He rushed down the stairs, 20 minutes later, trying his best not to trip over his feet, grabbed his lunch, and ran out the front door.

He flinched at the loud noise as Ashton annoyingly honked his car horn too many times.

"Goddamn, Ashton, you know I'm not deaf, right." He complained, as he climbed into the car, buckling his seatbelt. "But I will be if you keep honking that damn horn."

Ashton ignored him, pulling out of his driveway and speeding down the road.

"So how was your 'date' with the lesbian?" Calum asked, his feet up on the dash.

"Sadly, it never happened." Ashton rolled his eyes as he stopped at a stop sign. Luke smiled when he heard this.

"Don't call her a lesbian." Luke said defensively. "That's just rude and offensive."

"Okay, mum," Calum retorted, rolling his eyes. "So why didn't it happen, Ash?"

"Well for one, she is in fact a lesbian, so she turned me down, because obviously, I don't have a vagina." He laughed. "How would we know that?" Luke joked, as he opened the wrapper to his candy bar. "Hey! Watch your mouth. And your crumbs, I just got this baby detailed." Ashton shouted as he pulled into the other lane.

"Who even eats chocolate bars in the morning?" Michael questioned loudly.

"I do, you fucker!" Luke complained, with half the candy bar stuffed into his mouth.

"Shut up, Luke." Michael growled, nudging Luke.

-
The boys ended up being late to school, which landed them in detention for 3 days.

"Great job, Ashton." Luke hissed, scribbling down the notes he missed on the board. "Hey, I'm not the one who was late coming out the door." Ashton bickered, throwing a paper ball at the back of Luke's neck.

Luke ignored him, continuing to scribble on his notebook.

"You should've stopped for breakfast." A voice chimed in, causing Luke to whip his head in their direction. Arabella sat, her head resting on her hand as she doodled on a piece of paper.

"You were late anyways." She spoke again, her attention still on the paper.

Luke shrugged.

"I would've done it." She said, lifting her head to face Luke's. "Well that's you. And I'm not you." Luke mumbled.

Shit, shouldn't have said that, dumbass. Luke said to himself as he shifted in his seat.

"I guess." Arabella shrugged, leaving Luke to ponder in his thoughts.

"Okay class, for this quarter, I'm going to be assigning you a partner project. You will be paired with the person sitting next to you." Mr. Williams explained. "Since our topic is Romeo and Juliet, your project will obviously, if you have not guessed it already, based on the play." He continued, sitting on top of his desk, his legs swinging.

"Now, don't get so excited, you won't be kissing your partner." He joked, most of the class silent except for a few chuckles spread out through the room.

"Instead, you'll have a few choices. First project," He said, sliding off the desk and walking to the chalk board. "You can choose songs, or you could even write some if you're that ambitious, that relate to the story of Romeo and Juliet."

"If you're not musically inclined, you could write an essay explaining a story that is based off of Romeo and Juliet, or inspired by it. Or if you're creative, you can write your own story." He suggested. "It doesn't matter, as long as it's good."

"You have the rest of the class to discuss your projects with your partner." He announced, before returning back to his newspaper.

Luke was about to talk to Arabella when he felt something bounce of the back of his next, causing him to turn around in a fast motion. He looked at Ashton with furrowed brows.

"What?" He mumbled, gritting his teeth together. Ashton didn't reply, just pointed towards the crumbled piece of paper. Luke bent over to pick it up, opening the crumbled ball.

Dude, you better ask her out.

Luke groaned, crumbling the paper up again, and tossing it into his backpack.

"So what do you want to do?" Arabella asked, pulling out her planner and a pen. Luke shrugged. He didn't want to say anything again and mess things up.

"Okay then we'll just do the soundtrack." She shrugged, jotting down a few words on the paper.

They spent the rest of the period writing down songs for their project.

-
This is long too lord help me!!

- H.