Yer a Wizard, Nico! (Nico)

Dumbledore frowned thoughtfully at the black haired boy, Perseus, who was leaving the room. Percy, as he liked to be called, was strange. Why hadn't he ever been mentioned? Was it safe to bring him to Hogwarts and putting Harry Potter in danger? Was it too big a risk?

It had been a bit out there thought, to bring him to Hogwarts. It really came down to this: If we brought him to Hogwarts, there was a chance that we could protect him from Lord Voldemort, and we could keep an eye on him at the risk of Harry Potter and the rest of the student body. If we left him though, he would stand no chance against his grandfather. An untrained Wizard against the Dark Lord?

Perseus would stand no chance.

Even if he protested, he had no training to resist the imperious curse. 

It was a sad situation, but Dumbledore couldn't dwell on it. His hand reached into a pocket in his robes and pulled out a folded piece of paper. His face became troubled as he read over the now familiar curly, old fashioned script on the page that had bothered him since he received the letter weeks ago. 

Dear professor Dumbledore,

My name is Haden di Angelo, and I wish to send my son to your school. 

We've tried to keep away from the eyes of the Wizarding community for far too long, and my son deserves a chance to learn the craft that I was taught and my father and his father. I do not know if you recall, but a woman by the name of Maria di Angelo attended your school, Hogwarts school of witchcraft and Wizardry around the 1910s. The whole di Angelo family have been powerful wizards, though we have been scorned for our use of darker powers, such as our natural talent for Umbrakinesis and Necromancy. Maria was very powerful, but she was scorned and pushed to the side and away from public light when people found out about her extraordinary powers. 

The line of di Angelo has long been considered extinct, after Maria di Angelo and her families apparent death. Sadly, Maria did pass that day, but the rest of the family, which included her husband and two children, survived. They faked their deaths and passed from the public eye and moved to America, where everyone in the family was trained by the family and honed into powerful wizards. We have remained pure-blooded, except for some cousins and odd branches of the family, yet the powers of Necromancy and Umbrakinesis have slowly faded or diluted within the family, leaving my son and I the most powerful in those powers in our family. Neither my sons full-blooded sister and his half sister showed much talent at either of these traits, though it is shown that they both possessed the powers.

I, Haden di Angelo,  am the  father of Nicolò di Angelo, and the great-grandson of Maria di Angelo. Nicolò would be honored to attend your school for his fifth year this year. He is currently fifteen, and possesses most of the powers and magic expected of a wizard his age, among the power of manipulating shadows to a low degree and very limited power over ghosts. I am aware of the fact that you have ghosts occupying your school, and they will react to him but he can do nothing to affect them other than perhaps speak to them (if they have not already been charmed to be able to speak to the living) and frighten them a little bit before they get used to him.

Nicolò would be honored to attend your school, and I will take full responsibility for any trouble he causes. He also does not currently own a wand, because of an accident, so he will be receiving one from Ollivander, your highly esteemed wand maker. 

Thank you for your time.

Signed

Haden di Angelo

A young necromancer would be a very powerful advantage on either side of the war, so Dumbledore jumped at the opportunity to get Nicolò on their side instead of Lord Voldemort's and so he accepted him right away into the school. Strange things were happening for sure, with the addition of the young pure-blooded American and the scarred boy that happened to be Voldemort's grandson.